Help Filling in the gaps of a Carli lift

Chuckfx250

Reaction score
I have decided after reading countless threads that i would like to get a Cari setup but dont want to go full leafpack replacements and would like to just use a block for the rear end lift. My plan so far is the following:

FRONT
2.5” Carli tuned 2.0 Fox Shocks
2.5” Carli Coils
Carli Adjustable Track Bar

Anything else i need for the front? Do i need radius arm drop brackets or new radius arms?

REAR
Carli tuned shocks
I decided to go with the 5” PMF rear blocks. My big question is should the block taper be flat, 2.5 or 5 degrees. Also i am thinking about putting bags in the rear for towing down the road. Can i get the air bag tangs and run them until i get the air bags or should i get the bump stop tangs and switch when i get the bags?

Anything else i am leaving out please let me know, thanks

RyanD

Reaction score
You don't need drop arm brackets at 2.5" - only thing I would add is to make sure you get the alignment cams (I think they come with the springs but I could be wrong).

I have the same setup you're going with on my 250 and for the rear I just went with F350 blocks and it sits perfectly level.

Chuckfx250

Reaction score
You don't need drop arm brackets at 2.5" - only thing I would add is to make sure you get the alignment cams (I think they come with the springs but I could be wrong).

I have the same setup you're going with on my 250 and for the rear I just went with F350 blocks and it sits perfectly level.

So how is the ride without the recommended add a pack? One concern i have with spending that much money on a lift to only have it not be what it should be because i did lift blocks vs add a packs. Also currently my truck is dead level front to back. Not sure if the rear springs have settled and are shot or what but i will have to do something to raise the back up to be level or even have a little rake.

RyanD

Reaction score
Ride is much better than stock - the only 'mistake' I made was going with the Carli Fox shocks with the reservoirs - ride is stiffer than I'd like on the highway/mall crawling. It looks cool, but if I did it again I'd go with the Carli Fox shocks without it.

Eventually I will just go full Carli deaver leafs, so that's why I didn't go add-a-pack in the first place.

sootie

Reaction score
Ride is much better than stock - the only 'mistake' I made was going with the Carli Fox shocks with the reservoirs - ride is stiffer than I'd like on the highway/mall crawling. It looks cool, but if I did it again I'd go with the Carli Fox shocks without it.

Eventually I will just go full Carli deaver leafs, so that's why I didn't go add-a-pack in the first place.
The reservoir has no effect in ride, with the exception of not getting hard when pushing the shocks to their limits. All it does is keep the oil cooler, longer.

EPA

Reaction score
Valving is probably different...You can send them out to get revalved.... I think the last time I spoke to fox they wanted 100 bucks each to go through them and revalve.

Latest posts

Members online