03 powerstroke 05 turbo

bgrimm1

Reaction score
03 turbo grenaded have a turbo from an 05 will it fit directly onto the 03 pedestal just using 2 bolts or will it hit the back mount and not set down due to the mount for the 03 sticking up but the 05 sticking straight out? need help asap

Nic

Reaction score
no they do not fit directly - you have to grind the housing down for it to fit - in our case we were swapping it from a company truck and had little time to do it and had to use a sawsall - it sucked!!

FX4 F2-Fifty

Reaction score
:whs: not sure what year your truck is, but 03's have a crossover on the back of the intake that interferes with mounting a later model turbo.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

bgrimm1

Reaction score
yes my truck is an 03 so will the mount on the turbo hit the intake? i cut the back mount off of the 03 pedestal...so do i have to grind the actual mount on the later model turbo to get it to fit?

Triple H

Reaction score
You can fit '03 turbos on '04+ pedestals but not the other way around. I believe this is what Nic is mentioning.

Nic

Reaction score
yes...indeed..and dont try to split the case and swap the housings..the wheels are different and there will be quite a bit of lack of power..the 03 wheel is slightly larger..we tried..epic fail..

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.