$2K TO SPEND

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Who has good up-pipes? I like Elites but Im nervous to order from them after all the negative I've read about them..

There is nothing negative about Elite. I've got kits with up-pipes on the shelf, or just the up-pipe if that is what you are after. Let me know

:whs:I want to know his too....

But also, why up-pipes for upgrades? Cracked/failed?

I can't remember exactly what the year window is for it but, Ford went to an integrated EGR scoop in the up pipe to divert more exhaust through the cooler. With the cooler gone, and just a plug in the up-pipe, you still have the scoop left behind inhibiting flow. Also, some people have had the bellows in the stock up-pipe leak and blow out over time. I offer both setups to the public and haven't had any complaints yet. The one-piece up-pipe with my EGR kit cuts however does cut install time waaay down and makes life easy....

Mixedbreed

Reaction score
There is nothing negative about Elite. I've got kits with up-pipes on the shelf, or just the up-pipe if that is what you are after. Let me know

I can't remember exactly what the year window is for it but, Ford went to an integrated EGR scoop in the up pipe to divert more exhaust through the cooler. With the cooler gone, and just a plug in the up-pipe, you still have the scoop left behind inhibiting flow. Also, some people have had the bellows in the stock up-pipe leak and blow out over time. I offer both setups to the public and haven't had any complaints yet. The one-piece up-pipe with my EGR kit cuts however does cut install time waaay down and makes life easy....

No I know why it's done, I need up pipes as we speak. I was wondering why he would want to do this as an upgrade on a budget.. The bang for the buck isn't there in my opinion.

spb_2006

Reaction score
I am on somewhat of a budget to start off but I should be a blue to get what I'm wanting in parts for $2000. I want to go ahead and replace those while I'm back there messing with the EGR and while I'll got help on the install. I rather do it now then have to after they blow out..

Mixedbreed

Reaction score
Yes you can as long as your list is short.

Egr 300 (welded stock is much cheaper)
Up pipes are 250$ for both from sunrise ford. Can't imagine aftermarket being cheaper than that.
Studs are 470$
If you do studs then you must be doing HG's so 280$ for them alone plus another 2-300$ for supporting gaskets and seals.
Tuner is 350-600$
Tunes 50-100$ a tune unless bundled with a tuner
Gauges are a must. You can get a tuner that has gauges built in. That puts you at the higher priced tuners. Sct livewire is nice but damn it is big and awkward.

If I were to do it again, I would sct X3 and edge insight.

And the stuff that needs to be done right at the start so you know when your fluids have been changed such as oil change 65$, fuel filters 50$ and tranny service ???$

That is why I said 2k in parts won't go far unless you don't plan to go in to the MOAR power realm.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online