6.0 head porting

Debono98

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm looking for some input if anyone can point me in the right direction for head porting. I have the resources to do it myself I just don't have the knowledge to do it. If anyone has a CAD file of the heads or can point me in the right direction that would be amazing. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Mdub707

Reaction score
I doubt you'll find much info and those that do know are likely not going to share that info. There's really not a lot of material that can be taken out of these heads anyway. I'd just do a mild clean up job and call it good.

Reaction score
I doubt you'll find much info and those that do know are likely not going to share that info. There's really not a lot of material that can be taken out of these heads anyway. I'd just do a mild clean up job and call it good.

You can take a lot more than you would think. I'll have to find the pictures of the head I cut open before mine were ported. My heads have about 40 hours of port work into them.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
You can take a lot more than you would think. I'll have to find the pictures of the head I cut open before mine were ported. My heads have about 40 hours of port work into them.

the heads that we run are probably along the same lines there was a lot of time into them. But well worth it in my opinion.

both the 6.0 and 6.4 heads

04cr450

Reaction score
Do you have more pictures than the ones on your original post?

I don't have pics of my ported heads but i believe they were a waste. I didn't really notice much after the heads were done. The porting and polished job was done professionally as well.
I know the gentleman shook his head at the heads and simply said "waste of money but i'll get as much as i can out of them".
I figured it would have been perfect for my setup being i had a stage 3 intake mani, no limit intake and upgraded intercooler, this just made the finishing touches.

Debono98

Reaction score
I don't have pics of my ported heads but i believe they were a waste. I didn't really notice much after the heads were done. The porting and polished job was done professionally as well.
I know the gentleman shook his head at the heads and simply said "waste of money but i'll get as much as i can out of them".
I figured it would have been perfect for my setup being i had a stage 3 intake mani, no limit intake and upgraded intercooler, this just made the finishing touches.

I don't see it being worth the price they charge. If I could do it myself I would say yes but I don't see many big gains out of it.

Mdub707

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure there are pics floating around here on PSA of a set of heads a member machined the entire intake tract area right off of the head, and bolted on an aluminum manifold of sorts in an attempt to get more flow. Not sure how it ever worked or if they were ever even ran, but I know I've seen those pics.

Reaction score
Do you have before and after flow numbers on them?

Never got a chance to.

Do you have more pictures than the ones on your original post?

Somewhere I will try to find them

Mine made a difference on spool but I also did a stage one cam at the same time. My truck dynos 605 to the tires and just walked a twin turbo 24 valve by a bus length haha.

imelmo

Reaction score
I think someone said D&J Precision Machine is doing 6.0 heads now too.

Latest posts

Members online