High ebp?

04cr450

Reaction score
Playing around with the edge pids and selected the ebp data. What should numbers be 1:1? Because when I get on mine say 1/2 throttle - I will read around 26 psi of boost and 58 psi roughly ebp than it levels out to the same psi as the boost a second or so later. Is this normal for these trucks? Gh tuning race tune full diet etc. Truck runs like a top and only has 3,700 miles on it for reference.

I wish we had a dAta "in range" sheet to look off of like the 6.0 trucks have instead of wondering what these pids should be on the 6.7s... frustrating... all this time with these engines and refined tuning and nobody has "safe in spec " numbers to go off of.

Last edited:

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Playing around with the edge pids and selected the ebp data. What should numbers be 1:1? Because when I get on mine say 1/2 throttle - I will read around 26 psi of boost and 58 psi roughly ebp than it levels out to the same psi as the boost a second or so later. Is this normal for these trucks? Gh tuning race tune full diet etc. Truck runs like a top and only has 3,700 miles on it for reference.

I wish we had a dAta "in range" sheet to look off of like the 6.0 trucks have instead of wondering what these pids should be on the 6.7s... frustrating... all this time with these engines and refined tuning and nobody has "safe in spec " numbers to go off of.

I see the same when towing with warhammerx/RSP. Ebp spikes then levels out.

Jomax

Reaction score
My truck is the same way. I wouldn't worry.
It's VGT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

04cr450

Reaction score
My truck is the same way. I wouldn't worry.
It's VGT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

good deal.. i know vgt is different but on my 6.0 when it had a vgt on it the ebp was similar to a standard turbo, only wide spread psi from boost and ebp on the vgt was at wot. The 6.7 is a totally different animal from the 6.0 now. i'll learn it eventually.

sootie

Reaction score
obviously ebp will spike from when the vanes slam shut, on throttle tip in, to when desired boost is reached-or when turbo is spooled.

ckrueg

Reaction score
I think it has to do with the fact that the 6.7 controls boost rather than EPB- the turbo control tables are all based on desired boost instead of EBP like the 6.4 and the 6.0. The truck seems to shut the vanes in the turbo longer until the boost starts too come up. on my 6.4 the vanes would only go all the way shut for a second, until the EBP came up to desired.

04cr450

Reaction score
yes ebp... drive pressure... same thing lol

... my high ebp was due to my intake.., i put the oem intake back on and my drive pressures came down immensely. Not the intakes fault, i just have a super sensitive truck even with tuning calibrated for the upgraded intake.

Btw, the ebp is technically pressure forward of the muffler/in my case no muffler, drive pressure is in the engine to turbo.. correct? I just was going off of what the edge was saying in the pid "ebp"

Last edited:

BIG JUICE

Reaction score
I had such high exhaust back pressure i switched back to tow/street from the big tunes. I also developed a weird injector tick/knock. I asked if the high ebp readings were ok and was told its fine, but we all know high drive pressure is not good

ckrueg

Reaction score
Mine will spike up to about 20 psi on light acceleration, but as soon as boost climbs a little bit it drops to within 3 or so psi of boost. Stock intake with a ndash and weight loss program.

Sportchassis06

Reaction score
yes ebp... drive pressure... same thing lol

... my high ebp was due to my intake.., i put the oem intake back on and my drive pressures came down immensely. Not the intakes fault, i just have a super sensitive truck even with tuning calibrated for the upgraded intake.

Btw, the ebp is technically pressure forward of the muffler/in my case no muffler, drive pressure is in the engine to turbo.. correct? I just was going off of what the edge was saying in the pid "ebp"
You changed the intake,your drive pressure dropped.The previous intake had nothing to do with it?So what made it change?Interesting

04cr450

Reaction score
The original intake was an s2 when I made the post. .. I didn't know the intake had anything to do with the ebp psI as I had another issue with the truck having alot of lag at 1700-1900 rpm range. .
I installed the oem intake and the lag went away completely along with the high ebp pressures

redneck1

Reaction score
Wonder how much different trucks respond. I've never seen high ebp EXCEPT for wide open throttle run on warhammer, then 48ish. Never at lower rpm or lower boost, usually stays around 1-1. That's running a absolute performance intake. Has me a little curious.

KCCO

04cr450

Reaction score
The truck is totally different to drive in a good way. Basically drives around like a go cart where before it was sluggish down low at those rpm's.
Like I said not saying it's the intakes fault... it was the culprit but my truck is evidently super sensitive to mass air flow readings hence the throttle response... even with tunes calibrated for the larger intake. I want a stage 1, selling the s2 but know one wants it apparently lol

04cr450

Reaction score
Less smoke... it's just haze a bit when getting on it prior.. now there is nothing. If there is it is a slight haze I can't see out the rear/side view

Latest posts

Members online