Go Back   PowerStrokeArmy > The Bunker > General Discussion Forum

Old 11-22-2018, 07:13 AM
General
Member's Gallery

Default SOOTIE, I THANK YOU TODAY!

As some of you know, i travel through Ontario Canada when going home from Syracuse.. well, yesterday morning i had one of the worst experiences of my life. I was in rush our traffic and i dozed off and there was a line of vehicles stopped on the highway in front of me and i plowed right into the back of a lil Hyundai suv.

The night before i was just talking to sootie about the next step of my lift kit so i shot him a txt saying i wouldnt be needing to worry about a lift anymore and sent him a pic of my truck... without hesitation he asked where i was and if i had anyone with me and i told him i was alone and where i was thank god. Again without hesitation he said im on my way and ill be there in less than an hour. I called him and First thing he asked was if i was ok then said he didnt want me to get boned on a hefty tow bill and he set up a known tow company that would take care of me and set it up to have the truck taken to his shop up in balton Ontario.

He made my day go so much easier that i dont know what i could do to thank him enough! Im thankful to be alive and part of this branch of the diesel community do to how much we care about our fellow members. Especially when we have never met one another in person prior to the events that make that happen. Ron is a stand up guy and i appreciate him a lot. I have done business with him and his little shop and i definitely will do and continue to do business with him just for this reason!!!

For everyone else reading!

Im not looking for sympathy. All i ask is you love and pray for everyone around you and in your life no matter what. Kiss and hug your wives/girlfriends and children and all other loved one. ( just dont kiss your wife and girlfriend at the same time cuz that might not go well or could backfire and you would get left out) and be very thankful because you never know when it will be your last day on earth or have your life flash in front of your eyes!

The people in the 2 cars went to the hospital without life threatening injuries but did get pretty messed up. The lil suv i hit first was knocked out cold and had to have the jaws of life to get them out. Im so very sorry to those people and their families that i dont even know how to express that or know what they are going through today if still in the hospital... i am very deeply sorry and you all are in my thoughts and prayers.

Thank you again sootie for being there and being a friend!! I owe you brother!!

Want to give a shout out to the Hamilton Ontario police officers that where at the scene and took statements. They where very very nice sympathetic understanding gentleman and made the entire process seam less severe than it was even though i was freeking out...

Have a happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Here are some pictures. Not my proudest moment...

live life full throttle
god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass
Old 11-22-2018, 07:27 AM
Colonel
Member's Gallery

Crazy! So glad you and the other people involved weren't seriously injured! Definitely sounds like some divine intervention going on there. I have also been blessed to have awesome friends step up when I was going through tough situations. That's awesome Sootie was there for you. Praying that you remain healthy in the days to come. Symptoms from accedents like that don't always present them selves right away. Make sure you continue to get yourself checked out along the way. Despite all that, I hope you are still able to spend some time with friends and family on Thanksgiving!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Old 11-22-2018, 07:57 AM
General
Member's Gallery

I'm blushing...glad i could help in some little way. You took it all a lot better then i would've!
Old 11-22-2018, 08:04 AM
General
Member's Gallery

I always took Sootie for a grouch. Good job man. Glad your ok too Jake. Hope for a speedy recovery for the other people also.

Im familiar with loss and you don’t know when your last day will be.
96 F-350 RC 4x4 Hypermax Rods, PIS 300/200s G head tunes, Garrett GT4294, Beans IDM, ARP head & main, girdle, half filled block, DI cam, Dual IPRs, ceramic coated bowls, anti-friction skirts, Haldex pump over Honey Badger Jr, Diesel site High volume lpop, Billet intake Plenums, Dual SD pumps, Fluidampner, beehive springs, cosmetic head gaskets, Inconel valves, hardend guides, Ported and polished heads by me, home made RR fuel, 5 speed tranny, with SB 3600 DxD. Snow water meth.
Old 11-22-2018, 09:26 AM
General
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja_cain View Post
Crazy! So glad you and the other people involved weren't seriously injured! Definitely sounds like some divine intervention going on there. I have also been blessed to have awesome friends step up when I was going through tough situations. That's awesome Sootie was there for you. Praying that you remain healthy in the days to come. Symptoms from accedents like that don't always present them selves right away. Make sure you continue to get yourself checked out along the way. Despite all that, I hope you are still able to spend some time with friends and family on Thanksgiving!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Yeah. Im sore as f from my hips to my ears..
Quote:
Originally Posted by sootie View Post
I'm blushing...glad i could help in some little way. You took it all a lot better then i would've!
Lol. You are to much of a "grouch" to blush.. thanks again brother!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum PD View Post
I always took Sootie for a grouch. Good job man. Glad your ok too Jake. Hope for a speedy recovery for the other people also.

Im familiar with loss and you donít know when your last day will be.
Yeah. You know all to well about that buddy... i wouldnt wish that on my worst enemy...

live life full throttle
Old 11-22-2018, 10:23 AM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Grrrdness, that’s ugly!!
Thankfully you, and the others involved, are going to be ok!
Thumbs up to Sootie for being willing, and able, to be there for you!
I turned my semi over on a straight, flat, gravel road, while doing 25 mph one time, with my 2year old asleep in the sleeper, so I know all about feeling like an idiot for a wreck that was preventable, and having flashbacks about what all could have happened.
We all have a lot to be thankful for today!
Old 11-22-2018, 10:30 AM
General
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeb View Post
Grrrdness, thatís ugly!!
Thankfully you, and the others involved, are going to be ok!
Thumbs up to Sootie for being willing, and able, to be there for you!
I turned my semi over on a straight, flat, gravel road, while doing 25 mph one time, with my 2year old asleep in the sleeper, so I know all about feeling like an idiot for a wreck that was preventable, and having flashbacks about what all could have happened.
We all have a lot to be thankful for today!
Yep. Definitely feel like a complete jackass

live life full throttle
Old 11-22-2018, 03:23 PM
General
Member's Gallery

https://youtu.be/AkOfnxEfl6g

live life full throttle
Old 11-22-2018, 04:05 PM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

That was a hit for sure, glad your ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-22-2018, 05:32 PM
General
Member's Gallery

Number 1. glad youre OK and the others are too.

Number 2. As small as this community is with hardcore members, it is absolutely amazeballs the comeradary here.

Awesome guys....