Concerns Updating Tunes For Newer SCT Device

ihv800

Reaction score
Hello all,

I've had a collection of tunes for my 6.0 for years now. Been very happy with what I have and generally run Matt's. I use an OLD SCT X3, pre "XP" serial numbered so it only holds 3 custom tunes. Last time I messed with it one slot seemed to have been corrupted and so it now holds 2 tunes. It makes changing them a bit of a bear. I'd like to update the tuner to get 10 slots (or 20 with a BDX...). I wish I would have done this a few years ago.

My concern is getting my tunes updated for a new tuner. Am I going to run into trouble where "things" will get changed beyond just updating for a new device serial number? Tunes are Matt's, Vivian's, and TSD if it makes any difference.

powerlifter405

Reaction score
Call SCt they might be able to better answer your question, but call 1st thing in the morning if you can get them to answer. I had some issues w/ my tuner freezing and locking the truck. At one point I was on hold for over 2 hours to be "next in line" and the system hung up on me, twice.

Once I finally got someone on the line they did some diagnostics on my tuner, you need to have some apps downloaded for them to do this, etc..

It's a PIA but good luck. I dread dealing w/ anything SCT again just due to the horrible wait times. For a race vehicle maybe but for a DD I'm hesitant to do any more tuning via the SCT.

Latest posts

Members online