2011 - Loss of Power

11Sterling

Reaction score
Hi again everyone,

My 2011 is acting up and I have searched everywhere I can, but it seems no one has a solution or an end to the problem at the end of threads. Here’s the backstory - Truck has 169K miles now.

I first noticed this in Early July of last year. I did a 450-ish mile round trip in about 8-9 hours through Nevada. Obviously the temps are high this time of year outdoors and when I got back home I could feel the truck lacking power as I pulled into my neighborhood after the day on the highway. I figured it was super hot and heat soak had set in. I let it idle down for a few minutes afterwards and shut it down.

Fast forward to the End of November, on the way up to northern Nevada I was 1 1/2 hours into my 3 hour trip. I tried to speed up leaving a gas station and the truck wouldn’t get out of its own way. After this, it seemed to start acting up again but much more consistently. It has now gotten to the point where after a 10 minute freeway run at speed, it will act loaded up in a sense when I get back onto surface streets. I can have the pedal to the floor and it won’t even build 15 lbs. of boost or so based on the cluster gauge, but even this was still somewhat intermittent with no pattern or warning. I changed the air filter 1 1/2 months ago to help it breathe a little better, but no change.

Needless to say, the problem is now more consistent than ever no matter where I drive once the truck is warm. I won’t even pass semi’s on flat ground due to the concern I have when I am on the highway. I had the same issue halfway in the same Nevada trip Friday night and it wouldn’t get over 17 lbs. of boost. My wife’s 4 Cylinder Fusion would smack this truck off the line when this occurs and I’m going insane.

Someone help me out here. I’m thoroughly regretting my 6.7 purchase more and more because I get hit with a repair and bill every 2 months it seems; no matter how thorough I am with my maintenance and cleaning of this truck. I would like to at least know where to start looking or an idea. I appreciate it!

P.S. - I have the following items in line to be done in the coming months for maintenance, let me know if any of these could pertain to this issue -
1. EGR System “Cleaning”, new gaskets, Full system coolant flush. I’ve had the P0401 code after running certain fuels 3 times in 15 months of ownership.
2. Trans fluid & filter change
3. Wastegate Solenoid (Truck has the shutdown buzz)
4. TSB 11-6-22 was done in December due to the screech and diesel smell in cab.

jordysoso

Reaction score
I have your exact same issue with my 6.4. won't build more than 30psi, feels like I'm driving a loaded down stock truck, especially on the highway. Checked my uppipes bellows and they look good. Changed my EBP, IAT, and MAP sensor, still doing it. So you can't check your sensors, but if we have the same source/different truck so to say, maybe we can help each other out with the troubleshooting.

11Sterling

Reaction score
Well, I’m coming back to this since I think I got the problem fixed. I got a company truck, so the 6.7 has been sitting and driven rarely for the last 2 months.. I couldn’t stand it anymore this morning after driving it and as I mentioned the TSB 11-6-22 for the EP Sensor plumbing had been done back in December but the 1/4” line & 5/8” nut that holds it was starting to whistle and screech again under acceleration. I reached up the passenger side and could see suit (Could be from before it was fixed, couldn’t tell clearly). I grabbed a wrench and got it to tighten up just a little bit. You have to have some long skinny arms and some hope to reach it. Lol. Either way, I ran it around the block and the sound is 90% gone and the truck has its power back. For the first time since I can remember it will light the tires a little bit and rolls on very well. I’m going to take it for a solid run today if I get my new ridge grapplers mounted up and see how it does!

Latest posts

Members online