2009 factory remote start issues

f350guy

Reaction score
I have the dual key fob setup on my truck, the remote start is the small button alone on the Ford branded fob...I am unsure if this was factory or dealer installed, but I selected the option when I ordered the truck.

The system has worked fine for years until about one week ago. I will depress the button for a few seconds as normal, one honk from the horn. The truck will do its 30 second delay. Then I will receive six quick honks telling me it will not start.

All doors shut, hood shut (hood switch is good, tested it), tailgate closed and locked.

What the hell am I missing? :poke: I cannot seem to find anything about the system in my owner's manual, unless I overlooked it.

Any help is much appreciated.

FordTechChase

Reaction score
If my memory serves me right that is service mode. I can do some digging at work tomorrow and see if I can find how to get it out. The number of honks tells you the issue. One honk is the all good sign. After that any number is its way of saying I've got a problem and can't/won't start

f350guy

Reaction score
Please let me know if you come across something, I will pay you for your time if needed.

FordTechChase

Reaction score
I will get the instructions and share them here in a little bit. I have the same year truck and need another remote start fob and my parts guys are killing me saying I have to order another kit for a fob.

Latest posts

Members online