Elite Stage 3 Transmission issues

SVTDiesel

Reaction score
I have a stage 3 elite diesel tranny in my 08. The torque converter is not locking. I bought the truck used from another member here Brandon. Unfortunately this issue was there when I bought the truck. All codes P0741, and ABS codes were present. I had the solenoid changed, internal harness, external harness, and the main truck harness. This fixed my Speedo, abs, and all other codes except P0741. The torque converter is still not locking. Someone please help, I don't have more than 5-600 miles on it since buying it. But, the tranny had approximately 45k on it. Thank you.

SVTDiesel

Reaction score
That clutch valve that you're referencing is that same thing as the TCC solenoid? How can I tell if the torque converter is bad? Thank you!

Mark Kovalsky

Reaction score
That clutch valve that you're referencing is that same thing as the TCC solenoid? How can I tell if the torque converter is bad? Thank you!
No. The TCC solenoid feed pressure to the torque converter clutch valve. This valve is located inside the pump body, it is not near the solenoid.

The only way to know for sure about the converter is to remove it and cut it open. Usually everything else is eliminated as a possibility, and if nothing else is found to be bad the converter must be the problem.

SVTDiesel

Reaction score
NathannialD,
I assume there is an output shaft reading as the TC Slip works on the DashDaq. Where are you going with this thought please? Thank you!

Mark Kovalsky

Reaction score
TC slip doesn't look at the output shaft speed. It compares engine speed and turbine speed. Output shaft speed is used with turbine speed to compute actual gear ratio.

SVTDiesel

Reaction score
I'm also curious as to why Elite won't contact me back with some questions or information. I've called them multiple times and emailed them three times inquiring about this Elite tranny. Does anyone have a better way to contact these people? Thank you!

SVTDiesel

Reaction score
Are there any Elite Diesel employees that would like to or can chime in? You can PM me, and I will gladly call or text for any information.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.