Another leaking Radiator

RyanD

Reaction score
So, kind of still on topic, but I am coming up on a year to the day I replaced both of mine with OEM (both were leaking) - primary is solid, but the secondary is leaking again from both corners. I'm topping off once a week.

The question is about the install - secondary fit perfect and lined up as expected, had zero issues getting it in, but I noticed mine is resting on the tow hook mounts. Is it supposed to? My bumper has always been a little wonky since I had a shop cut the hooks off to install a light bar, but my first thought was that if the radiator "bounces" on and off the mounts that could be a cause of the leakage?
Thanks!!

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
So, kind of still on topic, but I am coming up on a year to the day I replaced both of mine with OEM (both were leaking) - primary is solid, but the secondary is leaking again from both corners. I'm topping off once a week.

The question is about the install - secondary fit perfect and lined up as expected, had zero issues getting it in, but I noticed mine is resting on the tow hook mounts. Is it supposed to? My bumper has always been a little wonky since I had a shop cut the hooks off to install a light bar, but my first thought was that if the radiator "bounces" on and off the mounts that could be a cause of the leakage?
Thanks!!
The secondary should not be resting on the tow hooks. There are lityle hooks in thr primary radiator that it sits in, ends up being close to an inch higher than the tow hooks.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online