HID Lights - best Quality?

Elliott

Reaction score
Folks, sure this has been asked before, but what is a good quality HID conversion for the headlights on my 2012 F-350? I had a cheap setup in it last winter and it proved to be very unreliable, ballast/ignitor issues. Any input would be appreciated!
Dave

Reaction score
just from a glance 5 yr warranty on trs, retro has a lifetime warranty. plus you would be supporting a site sponsor, and have ran 4 retro kits and never had a single problem with any of them, plus their customer service is top notch.

jdgleason

Reaction score
Never dealt with TRS but I've had great luck with all of the retro kits I've ordered.

I lost count on how many I've ordered. 30 now? Who knows maybe Todd will chime in lol.

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
I had PPE about 6 months ago on my 2012 and had nothing but problems with them...Hooked them up the first time and one would NOT come on. Had everything hooked up correctly...Got a new harness from PPE for it and worked for about a month then after one would take a lot of flickering for hours to get the left HID to come on...So I just took them off and said hell with putting HIDs on this truck..

If you guys know where to get some reliable ones let me know!

loboost

Reaction score
I used to use ddm because they were 40$ a set...I actually became an authorized retailer when they were in their prime...the customer serviced kicked ass..but not so much anymore.

I used retro solutions for my projector conversion on my BMW and was very satisfied

average

Reaction score
I only use retro solutions and DDM tuning. Had good luck with both. When hid kits started popping up on eBay years ago I was using them and constantly popping ballasts and ignitors it seemed (when they were separately wired boxes).

r1ramjet

Reaction score
I had the Retro's. Nothing but trouble. The lifetime warranty is worthless. It is through the manufacturer. Retro will not warranty themselves. All they want you to do is run this test ,then that test, and another ,and another.. I finally pulled them off & put the stock lights back in. Better than running for 2 months with only 1 headlight. They will not get another dime from me.

powerlifter405

Reaction score
I had the Retro's. Nothing but trouble. The lifetime warranty is worthless. It is through the manufacturer. Retro will not warranty themselves. All they want you to do is run this test ,then that test, and another ,and another.. I finally pulled them off & put the stock lights back in. Better than running for 2 months with only 1 headlight. They will not get another dime from me.

:whs:

I pulled all my retro's after they started having issues.

I have used ebays on 3 separate vehicles w/ ZERO issues. Every ballast I've ordered is the dimension of a credit card and is less than the thickness of a deck of playing cards vs the monster box used by retro. Also the ballast I use were all filled w/ epoxy. I never checked w/ the retro's for fear of voiding the "warranty".

For me the final straw was blowing bulbs on a chevy car and flickering in my 08. I went back and forth w/ retro and in the end I pulled them and sold them.

My retro's didn't last 2 years in MN and I have set of ebays on my bronco that are going on 4 years w/o a single issue and another set on my 08, fogs and headlight ebay that never skipped a beat.

00Rich

Reaction score

:whs: Retro's are junk