SCT SOTF (Shift on the fly) GH/AS REVIEW

Jomax

Reaction score
Been meaning to make a review on SOTF for the SCT platform these past few days and finally had a chance. I Received the GH SOTF tuning from from Mike last week along with the Switch and couldn't be happier. At first, I didn't think I'd use the feature. As many of you know, I keep my truck in the Race tune 99.99% of the time. It just works, smoke output is insanely low for how much power it puts to the ground (580rwhp dyno/track verified).

But I got to say, I LOVE IT, for anyone on the fence on SOTF, JUST GET IT. It's nice to be able to switch the tune back to stock when you hand the keys to someone, and also not have to worry about the trans relearning. I have about 1,000miles on the truck since I added SOTF. I lost count how many times I've switched between tunes with no issues. The trans still hasn't skipped a beat. The truck currently has 86,000 miles, tuned since 40k miles on the race tune 100% of the time, it currently has over 30 passes down the track and has even sled pulled. GH seems to be doing something right on the trans tuning!!!

On to the installation of the switch; I didn't take detailed pictures as they are provided when you receive the switch. I will say, pulling the wheel well liner makes life easier when you have to pull the wire through the firewall. I mounted my switch down low on the dash, I didn't want prying eyes seeing it and in turn ask what it is. Keep in mind, I don't have the center console, so you might not be able to install the switch in the same spot. Pictures below on where I installed the switch and how I routed the wire under the hood. The SOTF wire in the white one in the pics.

IMG_43972.jpg

IMG_43941.jpg

IMG_4393.jpg

If anyone has any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
I agree with everhthing you said Jomax. I have put about 300 miles on mine. I am also running the GH/AS tunes. I pulled my 5th down to the mardi gras parade. I pulled it about 35 miles and man that exhaust brake works way better than stock. It really slows the truck down and keeps everthing under control. So far im loving it as well. Thanks for the write up/review.

Jomax

Reaction score
I agree with everhthing you said Jomax. I have put about 300 miles on mine. I am also running the GH/AS tunes. I pulled my 5th down to the mardi gras parade. I pulled it about 35 miles and man that exhaust brake works way better than stock. It really slows the truck down and keeps everthing under control. So far im loving it as well. Thanks for the write up/review.

The exhaust brake is icing on the cake! It's crazy how hard it slows the truck down even unloaded with no trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NCSU dirt man

Reaction score
nice jomax! I'm still waiting on a friend with a PC and the SCT software to upload mine. I have already mounted my switch though in that little cubby hole. going to keep it as out of sight as possible to keep people from wondering or using it when I hand over the keys

Jomax

Reaction score
nice jomax! I'm still waiting on a friend with a PC and the SCT software to upload mine. I have already mounted my switch though in that little cubby hole. going to keep it as out of sight as possible to keep people from wondering or using it when I hand over the keys

So how did you mount it in that cubby hole? My switch wouldn't fit right. That was my original spot.

NCSU dirt man

Reaction score
So how did you mount it in that cubby hole? My switch wouldn't fit right. That was my original spot.

idk... I just drilled the main hole for the switch to run thru (somewhere between 3/8" and 1/4" diameter bit) then drilled a much smaller hole for the small plastic stub piece to stick into (keep the thing from rotating when I twisted it). then I just took the thin nut and grip/lock washer off the switch and placed it on the front side inside of the cubby and used a deep socket to gently tighten it. I'll try to take a pic or two tonight if I get the chance. I think my switch that rudy's sent me is smaller and different than yours though because the knob itself is a knurled metal one about the size of a .45ACP casing. I won't be using the little adhesive "1-5 settings" sticker though which says I N N O V A T I V E on it too strangely (i don't think they wrote the tune though). this truck will more than likely either stay in the highest setting or the tow tune while towing. I'll just count the clicks up or down I guess lol :naughty: you gotta realize i did all this in about a 1/2 hour while drinking a couple beers and playing fetch with the dog. very little attention to detail was really used here haha. I'm just hoping it'll actually work when I upload the new tune, run the new wiring & tap the factory harness under the hood. Thanks for the heads up on the wheel well liner didn't think of that

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
Mike,

For current customers running GH on their sct x4, what do we need to purchase to have sotf. Looks like jomax got me sold
I called the number to no limit they sold me a sotf tune and a spar tin switch i believe. Downloaded the tune from the computer to the device. Install switch. Dowload tune to the vehicle. It was 300 hundred shipped. I think the 200 dollar price only implies if you are buying a new device and tunes from no limit.

Last edited:

TexAg56

Reaction score
Cool man. I was wondering since I already purchased GH tunes originally if I need to buy tunes again that are for SOTF or if they will just send me an updated file

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Cool man. I was wondering since I already purchased GH tunes originally if I need to buy tunes again that are for SOTF or if they will just send me an updated file

yeah, and it's $600 if you aren't e returning / current gh tune owner .

Jomax

Reaction score

You'll have to buy the new tune. The SOTF is one tune that holds them all.

Mike beat me to it.

TexAg56

Reaction score
Well Jomax has given me good advice in the past so I went ahead and pulled the trigger! Luke at no limit answered all my questions and got me hooked up! Cant wait

Jomax

Reaction score
Well Jomax has given me good advice in the past so I went ahead and pulled the trigger! Luke at no limit answered all my questions and got me hooked up! Cant wait

I try to lol. You'll love it!

Latest posts

Members online