2019 Single Cab Build thread

rwatson708

Reaction score
Well my search for a loaded black single cab has ended after finding a 2019 in Texas with a price I was ok with paying.

The options o required were it being black, having locking diff, cab lights, fx4 and sync. Options I really wanted but weren't necessary were the tough bed spray liner, bed step, navigation, fordpass and window tint all of which were on this truck.
I had them add the lariat sport blackout package too the truck to get the price more in my favor.

It is at the shop now as I am away for work losing some weight. I went with an SCT GTX, an s&b intake, 4 inch turbo back black series exhaust, and some other parts from some other people.

It is scheduled for paint correction, ppf, ceramic and undercoating on december 2nd which is necessary not only living in pa but also because the paint from Ford is pretty horrible. Orange peel everywhere, the bumpers painted by the dealership are pretty bad also so hopefully everything buffs out.

After all the paint correction I'll be going with a carli pintop 2.5 inch lift with all the fixins and probably top it off with method bronze rims. Will post pics as we go and see how it works out. The end result being trying to get a diesel to act like my raptor.

Attachments

• 11140.jpg
    11140.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 251
  • 11139.jpg
    11139.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 202
  • 11142.jpg
    11142.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 198
  • 11141.jpg
    11141.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 211
  • 20191005_130443.jpg
    20191005_130443.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 233

sootie

Reaction score
@sortie what do you means parts list or strategy? Or something else

Maybe I misunderstood...I was excited to see a build but i guess it's just another cosmetic upgrade and slap a tune on it "build"

Bryce_fow

Reaction score
Maybe I misunderstood...I was excited to see a build but i guess it's just another cosmetic upgrade and slap a tune on it "build"

I busy kid around me all the time for posting “new build” then come to find out “build” in there mind means tune intake pipe and rims tires and a lift kit. I just laugh o and don’t forget wheel lights

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zeb

Reaction score
So a guy buys a new truck, and proceeds to spend more money on a diet, tuning, exhaust, intake, high end yet functional suspension, wheels, tires, and ???, than some of us have spent on an entire vehicle, calls it a build, and guys make snide remarks about it being a “build”.
So, what counts as a build if that doesn’t?

rwatson708

Reaction score
Alright well didnt expect this to turn hostile for no reason whatsoever. I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything but maybe this site would have more content and actual usage ,rather than 4 friends commenting on another friends thread, if stuff like this didnt happen. We're already a dying market why eat your own. But that's fine. Thanks for the guys who were interested

Zeb

Reaction score
Alright well didnt expect this to turn hostile for no reason whatsoever. I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything but maybe this site would have more content and actual usage ,rather than 4 friends commenting on another friends thread, if stuff like this didnt happen. We're already a dying market why eat your own. But that's fine. Thanks for the guys who were interested

I’m on your side.

I’m asking the guys that are making fun of your build, if this doesn’t qualify, what does.

Please keep this thread updated!

sootie

Reaction score
So a guy buys a new truck, and proceeds to spend more money on a diet, tuning, exhaust, intake, high end yet functional suspension, wheels, tires, and ???, than some of us have spent on an entire vehicle, calls it a build, and guys make snide remarks about it being a “build”.
So, what counts as a build if that doesn’t?

Sigh..... Times have changed. I forgot we are in the era of participation trophy's.

Threads like this are the reason the forum slowed down- not responses like mine. No one actually innovating or pushing the envelope. More people just asking the biggest tire they can fit on xx size rim and factory suspension.
Or getting their ego stroked for going to the tire shop and having wheels and lift installed

Take a stroll thru some actual build threads from 6-8 years ago and you'll see what I mean

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I’m on your side.

I’m asking the guys that are making fun of your build, if this doesn’t qualify, what does.

Please keep this thread updated!
A build consists of actually tearing the motor down, installing a built trans and suspension modifications or addeing more than just a tune intake and exhaust.. i was hoping to see a "build" also.. nevertheless, it will look good!
Sigh..... Times have changed. I forgot we are in the era of participation trophy's.

Threads like this are the reason the forum slowed down- not responses like mine. No one actually innovating or pushing the envelope. More people just asking the biggest tire they can fit on xx size rim and factory suspension.
Or getting their ego stroked for going to the tire shop and having wheels and lift installed

Take a stroll thru some actual build threads from 6-8 years ago and you'll see what I mean
Lmmfao!!! Millennials...

you are spot on as to why its dead!

live life full throttle

Zeb

Reaction score

Interesting.
I can understand what you mean by no innovation or pushing the envelope.
Still seems a bit hard nosed to poke at someone’s “build” tho when they are making modifications that improve the power, looks, and capabilities of a vehicle.

Latest posts

Members online