To CCV mod or not to CCV mod, that is the question

95cobby

Reaction score
Not to be rude, or come off the wrong way..... but when modding these trucks..... some times you have to think outside the box.......

Sorry your having an issue.... wish you weren't, and as far as No Limit Fab and their custom parts and customer support..... you won't find any better guys!

All I do is call and ask for Luke or Jeff, tell them is **** from Louisiana.... and bam! They know the truck, know what I'm wanting to do, heck..... they have got Mr. Mike involved a time or two..... great guys, great shop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nah it's all good. But when I asked where the valve should be placed that's the spot I was told. I suggested before the smaller 20" piece but I did as told and now I'm in this dilemma.

I've bought all my stuff from No Limit and will continue to do so. I've had a great experience with them despite a few things that happened recently that don't need to be discussed here.

Anyways, I'm working with Mike to get this resolved.

And your video... that's what I expected but I got just the opposite. I have myself a ballon maker.

kcpanages

Reaction score
Nah it's all good. But when I asked where the valve should be placed that's the spot I was told. I suggested before the smaller 20" piece but I did as told and now I'm in this dilemma.

I've bought all my stuff from No Limit and will continue to do so. I've had a great experience with them despite a few things that happened recently that don't need to be discussed here.

Anyways, I'm working with Mike to get this resolved.

And your video... that's what I expected but I got just the opposite. I have myself a ballon maker.

I hear ya

lincolnlocker

Reaction score

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Aside from where it is made. How does the design compare to others?

Im running the stainless version on my 6.0, seems to work fine. Only thing that was kind of a pain in the ass was lining the cut up when screwing it into the welded in portion. I marked the top and screwed it in, it was not fully screwed down if i remember right.

black'n'blue

Reaction score
Is the catch can necessary? And if not, I understand the concept of it, but why?

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

JetExpress_6.7

Reaction score
Not necessary at all. Mine's open to atmosphere right under the front fender, although I did leave the factory box in place to let it do its job. Kind of a catch can in itself, never understood the point of everyone taking those off to install an aftermarket can underneath the truck again...

black'n'blue

Reaction score
My understanding of it was that the filter media inside the doghouse became saturated causing higher than normal internal pressure in the cc. Mine is vented to atmo but I wanted to plumb it into the exhaust minus the catch can unless it was necessary somehow in the "venturi" effect

kcpanages

Reaction score
My understanding of it was that the filter media inside the doghouse became saturated causing higher than normal internal pressure in the cc. Mine is vented to atmo but I wanted to plumb it into the exhaust minus the catch can unless it was necessary somehow in the "venturi" effect

Yes, it WILL become saturated..... it's easier Maintenance to remove the system, and install the reroute.... which will allow you to drain off the oil out of the catch can when you do an oil change........

kcpanages

Reaction score
d48808ad12059d1587a93b47817184a5.jpg
e531d8820d43440e3dc1f0d87c4b4eb1.jpg

Venturi with the No Limit Fab catch can

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.