08 mirrors on 01 electronics

Cory@RPHC

Reaction score
I've been doing some searching and haven't found an answer. I plan on putting 08 mirrors on my 01. Does someone make a plug adapter for these mirrors or do you still have to wire them in?

TyCorr

Reaction score
My mirrors came with an adapter but I had to add so much shti it was easier to make a harness. I even tried to contact pico (made the original ford connectors) so I could switch my truck from the round to square style plug. I finally realized it was foolhardy to try using ford crap.

I got a generic 12 wire connector and wired it how I wanted. The best part is I can still plug oem round plug mirrors in.

I have a toggle switch for my mirror heat. If I forget, it shuts off with the key.

Cory@RPHC

Reaction score
Well i dont think my 01 has heated mirrors so only thing I would need to do is wire in my turn signals?

TyCorr

Reaction score
No. Most pre 03 trucks don't have heat. You have to add it on nearly every truck unless it has it. Its easy to add heat though. If the mirror has turn signals its probably going to have heat also.

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
My power is hooked up but my heat and turn signals are not. I plan on fixing this next month.

E99 F350/zf6/guages/arp/comp/stellite/ billet wheel/ bellowed... Need more fuel and more air.

Cory@RPHC

Reaction score
A1 auto sells it all together with the adapter for like 369. But I could get a set of mirrors off eBay for 288. May call A1 auto and see how much that adapter is itself

co04cobra

Reaction score
There are some differences between 03-07 mirrors vs 08 up on wiring in the power side.

If you just want the look of 08 mirrors the 1A ones are a good option. Wiring in heat and signal on pre 03 trucks is very easy.

If you have a 03 up truck with tow mirrors 1a can make it plug and play for both.

Last edited:

Cory@RPHC

Reaction score
I just bought a set of 08 mirrors of ebay. They are power heated manual fold. They have 7 wires. Red, Blue, Yellow, Green, Black, Gray and White. Anyone know where the green, black, gray and white wire go or are for?

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
Cory I don't have my signal lights hooked up. I keep putting it off. I'll try to get those mirrors off and some pictures for you ASAP

E99 F350/zf6/guages/arp/comp/stellite/ billet wheel/ bellowed... Need more fuel and more air.

Cory@RPHC

Reaction score
I'm looking for what wires go to power. I cut the harness off the old mirrors and am wiring the new mirrors to the harness and all I have from the original harness is a red, blue and 2 yellows that are tied together into the harness plug.

G Racing

Reaction score
Red-left left/right motor control
Yellow-left and right motor control
Dark blue-left up/down motor control
Dark green-right left/right motor control
Black-ground
Violet-right up/down motor control

G Racing

Reaction score
Have you only looked in the drivers side door. There would be yellow, red and dark blue. The passengers side would have violet, dark green, and yellow.

Cory@RPHC

Reaction score
Yeah those colors match my truck. It's the mirror colors don't match the 08 mirrors I got

rosspulliam

Reaction score
I have full power telescope/fold mirrors on my 2002. I just converted my truck to the factory 08+ OEM plug because I didn't want to cut up the factory mirrors I paid so much for. They work with all factory switches and just like they would in a new truck.

http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=0virtualkey0virtualkey571-2-1419158-8

http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=0virtualkey0virtualkey571-2-1419158-5

I haven't done it yet but I could draw up the wiring diagrams I used to do the conversion. I only had 3 wires to my factor mirrors (up/down, left/right, common ground). It takes 11 wires to drive the power fold/telescope mirrors. I got interesting pulling the 8 extra wires to each mirror to make them fully functional with the factory switches.

Sorry the pics came out so small. The 3 buttons are factory power telescope on the left, switched mirror defrost in the middle, and the sub remote wire on the right. I turn the sub off when my kid is riding in the back seat.

15%2B-%2B3.png

15%2B-%2B2.png

15%2B-%2B1.png

Last edited:

mikes02ls1

Reaction score
When I plug my 08 style mirror on my 00 F350 with 05 doors my left turn signal stays on and left mirror only moves up.. My truck has some wiring issue with mirrors due to it being a theft recovery.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk