Stock or leveled?

fr0zen.comms

Reaction score
So just picked up an 08 6.4 CCSB 4x4 and am trying to figure out if the previous owner put a leveling kit on or if it's stock.

I've measured to top center of both front and back wheel arches and they are about an inch different. So it still has a little rake to it which is good imo.

I can tell for sure there's not spacer up front, but not sure if the got a spring kit to level it. The front shocks look like the stock black ones, so if the did springs they didn't upgrade the shocks.

The front tires are pretty worn and need replacing soon. With full tread it would sit even closer to flat level.

I'd like to fill out the wheel well more than the 33"s on are doing now, but want to know what my suspension is to get the best/fit with least potential for issues.

Read through a bunch of post dealing with tire sizes and stock/leveled and there is enough wheel/tire/suspension combo info from those to pick a set once I know the suspension setup.

Any tips on what to look for to figure it out would be awesome.

fr0zen.comms

Reaction score
So here's a simpler wording...

How can I tell if my springs are stock? Any identifying marking on them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BadDogPSD

Reaction score
So here's a simpler wording...

How can I tell if my springs are stock? Any identifying marking on them?

Sometimes the stock springs will still have the part # stock tag attached to the spring.
Probably the easiest way would be to compare yours to a truck that you know is stock. Maybe someone here can post their stock measurement.

Not sure if they are that much different, but the front wheel well on my stock 2013 F350 4x4 measures 40.5" high.

fr0zen.comms

Reaction score
So got a pick of the tag like you mentioned. Gonna have to try and find a known stock 08 or you think any thing 08-10 would work to compare to

Only have the sticker on one side and not in the best shape. Gonna have to go back later and try and get all the makings.

Can't seem to find any stampings on it but I'll take a better look for those when I can get her washed good.

44beede32689731c3251a52085401513.jpg

fr0zen.comms

Reaction score
Gonna see if I can find the part number online to match it until I can find a stocky.

fr0zen.comms

Reaction score
I think it's one of these two in the first pic.
8f6a8bc4f9659c5617c1a08147f0b193.jpg

Also, I had know flipping idea there were this many stock shock options on an 08. (
c1a53bdb2114099e3906f39bdc92f5f5.jpg

(7 in all)

Reaction score
Those are ford springs. What is the front gawr on the door sticker?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

BadDogPSD

Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply, but yes that sure looks like a stock spring. Ford uses different springs based on the truck build sheet. Snow plow & camper packages will have heavier rated springs.
Is your truck an F250 or 350? How tall are the rear blocks?
Not sure if they still do it, but Ford Customer Service used to send a build sheet if you gave them your VIN.

fr0zen.comms

Reaction score
It's a f250. Have to check the door for the gawr like @DiehardFordguy recommended and check on the build like you mentioned @BadDogPSD.

Been swamped with work getting me home and two sick kids at home, so the real boss won't let me go play with my truck right now. Lol

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.