5r110w problem

Bryce_fow

Reaction score
I had it built maybe 6 months ago with suncoast iron 3 and a dpc now I have this vibration when I give it very very light throttle between 60-70 the most noticeable is when at the bottom of a hill when I slightly push down on the throttle anyone have this before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lipka101

Reaction score
Check the rest of the driveline first. Pretty rare for the trans to cause vibrations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bryce_fow

Reaction score
At only 60-70 I was thinking maybe the bearing

046.ohBills

Reaction score
I had a 85 mustang back in the day that the only time it had a vibration it was around 50-65. at 70 it was smooth as silk and below 50 as well. turned out being the u joint at the rear axle needle bearings were gone i mean they were rust particles it was so bad. just check the driveline man. Don't sit on it like I did. Ended up cracking a tail cone.

beaslyb

Reaction score
I had it built maybe 6 months ago with suncoast iron 3 and a dpc now I have this vibration when I give it very very light throttle between 60-70 the most noticeable is when at the bottom of a hill when I slightly push down on the throttle anyone have this before

I rebuilt mine in my shop with Elite internals and an RCD converter and have the EXACT same issue. Mine has now been 2 years and 20k miles it doesn't do it as bad but still has it some. I was thinking I should loosen the converter bolts and make sure it was centered in the flexplate. The converter is so heavy was wondering if it needed to be lifted up some before the first bolt was tightened. This issue seems like a converter balance issue of some sort, mine used to make a vibrating/flexplate rattling sound in high idle. Like I said above it's not as bad as it used to be, I pulled the pan for a fluid change and zero debris in the pan, I'm guessing it's not eating any bushings.

Bryce_fow

Reaction score
I rebuilt mine in my shop with Elite internals and an RCD converter and have the EXACT same issue. Mine has now been 2 years and 20k miles it doesn't do it as bad but still has it some. I was thinking I should loosen the converter bolts and make sure it was centered in the flexplate. The converter is so heavy was wondering if it needed to be lifted up some before the first bolt was tightened. This issue seems like a converter balance issue of some sort, mine used to make a vibrating/flexplate rattling sound in high idle. Like I said above it's not as bad as it used to be, I pulled the pan for a fluid change and zero debris in the pan, I'm guessing it's not eating any bushings.

Yea I was starting to think it was a planetary but it only doing it at a set speed ruled that out I have a dpc converter so it has been rebuilt so I am thinking it’s not balanced 100% or something along them lines

Latest posts

Members online