Asheville Engine Rebuilders?

Zmann

Reaction score
Sorry guys I missed the request for clarification
but 2stangs8689 was the fuel for my endorsement retraction

AshevilleEngine.com

Reaction score
I'd like to clarify a couple of things because the question of AER Manufacturing came up again today on facebook and somebody mentioned this forum thread.

Asheville Engine, Inc. aka: Asheville Engine Rebuilders is not in any way affiliated with AER Manufacturing in Dallas, TX.

Asheville Engine sells remanufactured Ford Powerstroke Engines but we DO NOT remanufacture engines for the Ford Motor Company.

There was an issue posted on here by 2stangs8689 in which he mentioned having rust in his engine block when he received it. He did send me pictures and I was very disappointed with him.
I assured him that our engines do not normally have any rust in them when customers receive them. We have never had a complaint like his before, or since he called.
We could have shipped him a second engine and gotten that one back but never having had an issue with any engines we shipped out and not wanting to delay his installation, I made the decision that we would replace his oil cooler should it become clogged. He did call at a later date and we took care of it.

As of August 1, 2016 we have built and shipped about 270 Powerstroke engines. With 7 just guys working in the shop, they are a well oiled machine who do a great job but being human, there are a few occasions when little things get missed or are not perfect. Out of all of the Powerstroke engine shops in this country, I believe that we do have the best record and reputation.
If anybody hears anything different, please let me know. Rob

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I'd like to clarify a couple of things because the question of AER Manufacturing came up again today on facebook and somebody mentioned this forum thread.

Asheville Engine, Inc. aka: Asheville Engine Rebuilders is not in any way affiliated with AER Manufacturing in Dallas, TX.

Asheville Engine sells remanufactured Ford Powerstroke Engines but we DO NOT remanufacture engines for the Ford Motor Company.

There was an issue posted on here by 2stangs8689 in which he mentioned having rust in his engine block when he received it. He did send me pictures and I was very disappointed with him.
I assured him that our engines do not normally have any rust in them when customers receive them. We have never had a complaint like his before, or since he called.
We could have shipped him a second engine and gotten that one back but never having had an issue with any engines we shipped out and not wanting to delay his installation, I made the decision that we would replace his oil cooler should it become clogged. He did call at a later date and we took care of it.

As of August 1, 2016 we have built and shipped about 270 Powerstroke engines. With 7 just guys working in the shop, they are a well oiled machine who do a great job but being human, there are a few occasions when little things get missed or are not perfect. Out of all of the Powerstroke engine shops in this country, I believe that we do have the best record and reputation.
If anybody hears anything different, please let me know. Rob

cool story ! you gonna sponsor the site ?

Mdub707

Reaction score
I read it that he was also disappointed at the situation with you, not literally at you.

AshevilleEngine.com

Reaction score
I read it that he was also disappointed at the situation with you, not literally at you.

Hahaha! I did not phrase that well. I was disappointed ALONG with him, not "with him". I also meant that we had already shipped 270 engine year to date, not in our history.

On a real positive note, we built one of our 6.0 performance 30 fully coated engines with a stage 2 camshaft for Lee Jenkins in MS who took the Top Horsepower award for Powerstrokes at Diesel Thunder 2016 this past weekend at Gulfport Dragway. It turned out 620 HP and 1329 ftlb torque on the dyno. Although there were a lot of aftermarket mods on it, he was able to put out those numbers without a race tune on the truck.

Highridin 6.0

Reaction score
I did my research before buying a rebuilt 6.0 and after talking with asheville engines I decided to purchase a "performance long block" with stage 2 camshaft from them, a decision I have regretted ever since. I had multiple issues with the motor.

1. I paid extra to have engine built with ford head gaskets, but it was shipped with the black onyx gaskets, it also had 2 different series rocker carriers but that just shows lack of attention to detail. so I had to return the long block to get it built right.

2. Immediately apon starting motor I noticed that we were getting fuel into the coolant, so I contacted asheville engines and was told that it was more than likely residual fuel in the system, but the longer I ran the motor the worse the problem got. after multiple conversations and sending pictures back and forth i was told to remove heads and send in. I also saw that the valves were hitting pistons due to having a large cam without high-rev valve springs. I sent in both heads as one had a visible crack but the other head wasn't holding pressure. Both heads were cracked. They returned me a new head as well as the head that the visible crack and was told that the cracked head was still holding pressure so it was just cosmetic. That didn't fly with me so I had to buy a new set of heads.

3. a little after my 1 year warranty was up I had a lifter stick and destroyed the camshaft, bearings, and block. I am back to square 1 after spending over $9k on this nightmare of an engine from asheville engines.

I just wanted to give my experience for whatever thats worth.

AirFishAutomotive

Reaction score
Hahaha! I did not phrase that well. I was disappointed ALONG with him, not "with him". I also meant that we had already shipped 270 engine year to date, not in our history.

On a real positive note, we built one of our 6.0 performance 30 fully coated engines with a stage 2 camshaft for Lee Jenkins in MS who took the Top Horsepower award for Powerstrokes at Diesel Thunder 2016 this past weekend at Gulfport Dragway. It turned out 620 HP and 1329 ftlb torque on the dyno. Although there were a lot of aftermarket mods on it, he was able to put out those numbers without a race tune on the truck.

620 hp is nothing to write home about I can go find a kid that built a truck in his garage making that a stones throw away in our little hillbilly area LOL

Mikeke

Reaction score
Damn Highridin, I've been eye balling that setup from Ashevilles for my 6.0 since they've came out, now that I have the funds to pull the trigger I'm seeing your review. it's very off setting and sucks to hear. I have no luck with mechanics or machine shops which has made me very reserves so I put a ton of effort into researching my buy. So in short story you would never buy from Asheville Engines again?

letsmow10

Reaction score
Damn Highridin, I've been eye balling that setup from Ashevilles for my 6.0 since they've came out, now that I have the funds to pull the trigger I'm seeing your review. it's very off setting and sucks to hear. I have no luck with mechanics or machine shops which has made me very reserves so I put a ton of effort into researching my buy. So in short story you would never buy from Asheville Engines again?
I know this is am old post but did you go with Asheville? Did Highridin ever get any more help from Asheville to get his issue resolved? I'm looking to go with an Asheville pretty soon and would like to hear whatever happened with you guys.

Sent from my SM-T378V using Tapatalk

sootie

Reaction score
I know this is am old post but did you go with Asheville? Did Highridin ever get any more help from Asheville to get his issue resolved? I'm looking to go with an Asheville pretty soon and would like to hear whatever happened with you guys.

Don't even consider giving them any business....

letsmow10

Reaction score
Don't even consider giving them any business....
Why? What is your experience? Who would you recommend and why? Sorry for all the questions but when spending 10k on an engine, when all is said and done, you want the best you can get for the money. I have done a lot of research and most of the things I read people say don't really have experience behind them. I have read quite a few bad things about Blackwater and have pretty well written them off. That left me with J&K and Asheville and Asheville seems to have a fairly solid reputation with a couple of guys on the forums running their engines with 60 and 70k trouble free miles. Thanks in advance for anything you can offer.

sootie

Reaction score
Why? What is your experience? Who would you recommend and why? Sorry for all the questions but when spending 10k on an engine, when all is said and done, you want the best you can get for the money. I have done a lot of research and most of the things I read people say don't really have experience behind them. I have read quite a few bad things about Blackwater and have pretty well written them off. That left me with J&K and Asheville and Asheville seems to have a fairly solid reputation with a couple of guys on the forums running their engines with 60 and 70k trouble free miles. Thanks in advance for anything you can offer.

Go with a site vendor such as Midwest Diesel. The quality that comes out of all the shops you mentioned is questionable at best.

jban126_f350

Reaction score
I got an 30 over short block with stage 2 cam from Asheville...only made is 6000 miles and 7 lifters were completely destroyed. yes he supplied lifters came in the short block. he blamed me for it and wouldn't cover it. Then proceeded to talk crap about me on his personal faebook page. "...trying to waste my money..." guess he didn't think I would see it. long story short the stage two cam they reground in house wasn't done properly. live and learn. built my out engine. all good now

letsmow10

Reaction score
I got an 30 over short block with stage 2 cam from Asheville...only made is 6000 miles and 7 lifters were completely destroyed. yes he supplied lifters came in the short block. he blamed me for it and wouldn't cover it. Then proceeded to talk crap about me on his personal faebook page. "...trying to waste my money..." guess he didn't think I would see it. long story short the stage two cam they reground in house wasn't done properly. live and learn. built my out engine. all good now
Good info. Thanks for posting your experience.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online