lowered truck height

madman1234509

Reaction score
Can someone get the roof height of their truck lowered with 33" tires, f150 springs up front and the rear blocks taken out. Trying to see if my truck will fit in the garage this winter if its lowered by then

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Unless your garage is real low, it'll fit.

And definitely don't put anything from an F-150 on your truck. LOL

pog

Reaction score
your garage must be really low? my garage is low but my truck with 35s, 2.5" leveling kit and 4.5" rear blocks fits. just measure your garage height, height of your truck as is and see how much you gotta drop it.

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
Any better ride quality with the 5.4 springs and the rear blocks out? Im thinking of either doing a leveling kit in front with a bit of a lift on the back for the nose down look, or a straight drop as mentioned above on my SRW 350. It rides like scit now.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Yeah. They're softer, so the ride will be better. Taking the block out didn't really do anything for me. I assume taking the block out and removing the bottom leaf would help though.

madman1234509

Reaction score
haha yea 5.4 springs... I for some reason said f150 because my dad has a 5.4 f150 lol. Well right now I have a 5" block in the rear, and its a 350 so I have the overload springs which will come out along with the block. Plus the inch or two of tire height.

Jeff what are you running right now. I really liked the stance of your truck and a few others in a thread about lowering our trucks. Im thinking taking the leveling kit and rear 5" block and overloads out, 5.4 springs, 33" terra grapplers. I wanted something smaller in case I ever go to the strip, but I cant justify getting full out street tires when I might only go a few times. Just saw your pics on the other thread of your 420s, can you get some more pictures at different angles from further back, those tires/stance does look pretty sweet

Last edited:

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
My truck is stock height. Stock springs up front and F-250 blocks in the back. I like the stance a lot too. When I put my PMF traction blocks on, the rear blocks will be 1.5". That's a little less than a 1/2" lower in the rear, so it won't be noticeable. I'll try to get some pictures tomorrow.

Rene G

Reaction score
If you keep the rear spring stock and just take out the block you should be alright. If you take out any rear springs I'd run air bags.

madman1234509

Reaction score
You dont think I should take out the overload spring that comes on the 350s? Its the leaf or two that sits on top of like a 1/2"-1" block on top of the regular spring pack I believe... No need for it if the truck is lowered...

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
madman if you don't tow your fine. Everything I do on my truck can't take away from my ability to tow.

UpstateDieselGuy

Reaction score
What are the specs on your garage door? I didn't think my '11 with a leveling kit and 35's would fit in my garage, but it did. You may not have to change it as much as you think.

madman1234509

Reaction score
My garage is pretty low. Def won't fit as it sits now. But I did have plans on lowering the truck back down so it might happen sooner than later

WoodBoy

Reaction score
The overload springs are on top and also dont touch until the vehicle has a lot of weight correct? I would leave them and remove a lower leaf as removing them alone isnt going to change anything

Latest posts

Members online