6.7 in 08-10

michaelite

Reaction score
Was curious to know if anyone could, would they replace the 6.4 with the 6.7? And then would it be possible?

co04cobra

Reaction score
Here's the responses you're going to get "just buy a 6.7" "doesn't make sense" "why would you want to do that" "to much time" and so on...

BUT answer is, yes it could be done. You would need a donor 6.7 truck, 6.4 engine and trans would be pulled all together. After that, swap all wiring, strip cab and use whichever interior you prefer, wire back in any creature comforts not supported and done..LOL

Very time consuming and not cheap, but if you or you know someone that is serious about doing a swap like this PM me.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I beg to differ on the waist of time.

Haller and I have been talking about this for a little while now.

Donor truck will be a must

Bullzeye

Reaction score
After I had bought my 2010 F250 and started looking around, I ran across a 2006 or 2007 that had been re-powered with the 7.3, I'm not sure if the owner just used a cab or if it was a complete engine/trans swap... I though it was a cool way of having a newer Powerstroke body with the old work horse...

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
46bcbb8c340e7cc451c0ebf6b65959c6.jpg

0abe3aca717994c4b262654782e2524b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

co04cobra

Reaction score
After I had bought my 2010 F250 and started looking around, I ran across a 2006 or 2007 that had been re-powered with the 7.3, I'm not sure if the owner just used a cab or if it was a complete engine/trans swap... I though it was a cool way of having a newer Powerstroke body with the old work horse...

Where was that truck located? We have swapped several 04-07 6.0s to 7.3s. It works very well for my clientele and gives them some of the newer features too.

co04cobra

Reaction score
Here is a 08 we are finishing up swapping a 7.3 in.

image_zps6d7bdbb9.jpg

image_zps2a1ee56b.jpg

Still a little dirty but you get the idea. Craigs 6.7 into the 99 looks sweet..!

I'm all for any of these swaps as long as you stick with a PSD. :ford:

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
I beg to differ on the waist of time.

Haller and I have been talking about this for a little while now.

Donor truck will be a must

Swapping a 6.7 into an older truck I can see, but swapping into a 6.4 truck just doesn't really make sense to me. You have a truck with an engine that's plenty capable, but you have to buy a donor truck? :eek:

And you end up with a bunch of money in a one-off truck that doesn't do anything particularly better that it did before. Not for the amount of money spent

I'd rather just buy a 6.7 truck in that instance.

I could see swapping into an 08-10 gas truck that you picked up for a couple grand, but I just can't personally see an instance where a 6.7 swap in a 6.4 truck is viable vs. just buying a 6.7. But I'm not seeing cheap 6.7 donor trucks yet either :D

Dzchey21

Reaction score
What if the truck already has an incredible amount of time and money in the chassis and say the cab can't come off of that truck?

Reaction score
What if the truck already has an incredible amount of time and money in the chassis and say the cab can't come off of that truck?

I can see this for say a truck like hallers, or a pulling truck like mine. It would be easier and cheaper to do a 6.7 swap. For that matter you can swap front clip and it's all basically a 6.7 then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IHPowerstroke7.3

Reaction score
I would agree on the swap with someone who uses the truck as say a puller or a drag truck. But from a DD point, what would gain besides a unique truck? I'm all for swaps, I'm currently putting an 02 7.3 cab and drivetrain in an 05 chassis. It's not a huge upgrade, and it's a bolt in swap for the most part.

I understand if you have a lot of money sunk into a truck that you will ultimately loose on if you sold it, but it seams like a lot of time and effort to make a truck that can be bought.
As said, of course yes it can be done. With time, money and the right people anything can be accomplished. In my opinion, for what money you could have wrapped up in 2 trucks to make one, why not buy a 6.7 as a 2nd truck instead?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I can see this for say a truck like hallers, or a pulling truck like mine. It would be easier and cheaper to do a 6.7 swap. For that matter you can swap front clip and it's all basically a 6.7 then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ya you nailed it really. Front end and all to make it look correct. Obviously the bed wont be right but that could be fixed.

Latest posts

Members online