6.0 Non studded tuning whats the best??

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
Both of you are being ridiculously optimistic. I've seen trucks with 40-100k on them puke the same day a non studded tune was loaded.

Was it EGR deleted? updated degas cap? Proper updated coolant lever?

Mine puked too when I first got it, before I tuned it. Coolant level was at the original full line.

ford rules

Reaction score
The updated cap and coolant level were just some BS ford tried to blame for a ****ty design plain and simple...

Ive ran my truck to the highest level in the bottle and the original cap and it has no issues, dont blame the cap and the bottle level for blown gaskets.

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
The updated cap and coolant level were just some BS ford tried to blame for a ****ty design plain and simple...

Ive ran my truck to the highest level in the bottle and the original cap and it has no issues, dont blame the cap and the bottle level for blown gaskets.

Mine hasn't puked at the new level…

bretferd

Reaction score
It's all just a crapshoot. Some trucks puke with stock trucks and then some go forever and never have a problem. Some trucks puke once you put a tune on it and others can go forever tuned with no studs.

8k miles isn't a bunch of miles on a non studded tune I agree but that's what I had when I did injectors and decided to do studs at the same time and all the updates.

I say tune it with a non studded tune. If it blows, well chances are it was gonna blow at some point anyways.

04cr450

Reaction score
i ran gearhead srl for 70k miles no problems at all... when i did studs(not because the headgaskets blew but because i went with bigger injectors and turbo), there were no signs of the gaskets leaking. i drove the truck everyday and ran it wot at least a couiple times a week and ran it down the 1/4 mile track twice in that time. I just think its luck of the draw

bretferd

Reaction score
i ran gearhead srl for 70k miles no problems at all... when i did studs(not because the headgaskets blew but because i went with bigger injectors and turbo), there were no signs of the gaskets leaking. i drove the truck everyday and ran it wot at least a couiple times a week and ran it down the 1/4 mile track twice in that time. I just think its luck of the draw

:whs: I agree 100%

ford rules

Reaction score
Luck of the draw is right!! There's really no way to tell but it is a 6.0 so I'd just expect it to happen lol

Strokin89

Reaction score
Was it EGR deleted? updated degas cap? Proper updated coolant lever?

Mine puked too when I first got it, before I tuned it. Coolant level was at the original full line.

There's an updated degas cap? And what's the proper updated coolant level?

2005 F250 6.0 powerstroke, 6 speed manual, egr delete, arp head studs, new oil cooler, aftermarket coolant filter, custom intake, 4" down pipe into dual 6" stacks, 8" lift, TSD super panty dropper tune.

Reaction score

2005 F250 6.0 powerstroke, 6 speed manual, egr delete, arp head studs, new oil cooler, aftermarket coolant filter, custom intake, 4" down pipe into dual 6" stacks, 8" lift, TSD super panty dropper tune.
It's an all black cap with a bigger spring. Holds up to heat and pressure better

Strokin89

Reaction score
Oh ok gotcha. Think that might be what's on my truck I'll have to check it out.

Powerstroke214

Reaction score

There's an "updated" degas bottle. Has a yellow sticker wit the new max and min. And maybe someone will post a pic of the cap.

sootie

Reaction score
we have a 6oh running Gearheads SRL on stock bolts, egr deleted for over 100k miles. does that count as reliability?

maxforce007

Reaction score
First of all thank you all for giving me some good feedback on non studded/studded tuning.
Really reminds me why the army has really became my number one forum that I use.

This week I have decided so far to order the sct x4 w/SRL,5inch exhaust,coolant filter,done changes the ****ty factory degas cap,I'm welding up my egr cooler this week also.

What else? And also should I ficm tune it right away also or can that wait a little while? or Which should I tune first the ficm or ECM tuning?

Thanks

Latest posts

Members online