S&B vs No Limit Intake

White Stallion

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to install some 190's and a MTW Stage 2. At the same time I'm doing my fuel system with RR. I currently have a stock intake so I've decided it's time to upgrade to get some more air. What are your thoughts? I've heard good things about both but there is about a $100-$120 difference between the two. Which one should I go with?

White Stallion

Reaction score
Sorry guys searched the site but came up empty. I searched Google and it turned up the same topic on this forum.

Irontx

Reaction score
I have a No Limit .... love it. Easy to maintain. Looks great. Above all.... sucker breaths.... alot!!!!

DWhite

Reaction score
Yeah I would personally run No Limit. It is designed and made to move the most air.

GatorBaitR6

Reaction score
Sorry to hijack and steer from your original question and not to question your judgment but I also have 190s but I'm pushing with a stage 3 and even on a light tune she smokes a bit on the bottom end. I know the stage 3 is considerably more but it may smoke.... a lot... have you found anyone running 190s with a stage 2?

Last edited:

militant83

Reaction score
I have had both No Limit and S&B. Call Mike at No Limit and he will get you hooked up. I think the S&B is good for mostly stock to smaller setups, But if your wanting to make more power the more air you push the better and the No Limit definitely does that. Also take a look at Mike's hot and cold side pipes.

Jassman

Reaction score
I prefer the No Limits for a few reasons over the S&B. She will definitely push more air, metal smooth parts vs plastic and she just looks awesome under the hood, and your buying from a vender on the site with good support..That being said, also take a look at the Absolute Performance intake, this is what I ended going with. Good Luck.

sootie

Reaction score
I prefer the No Limits for a few reasons over the S&B. She will definitely push more air, metal smooth parts vs plastic and she just looks awesome under the hood, and your buying from a vender on the site with good support..That being said, also take a look at the Absolute Performance intake, this is what I ended going with. Good Luck.

i didnt know Absolute made an intake for an 05???

to the OP..there is no better intake out there than the no limit one.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
i didnt know Absolute made an intake for an 05???

to the OP..there is no better intake out there than the no limit one.

We do not make any intakes for anything other than the 6.7's

To the OP: I had a customer switch from a S&B to the no limit kit on his 6.0, the gains were very noticeable.

Kbuterbaugh04

Reaction score
Love my no limit. Easy to install install or remove. Looks killer and sounds amaaaaaazing

c05a41142166521f56561c04845868ea.jpg

f8ed90fb2cb59bfa75fce823ba890b9b.jpg

White Stallion

Reaction score
Sorry to hijack and steer from your original question and not to question your judgment but I also have 190s but I'm pushing with a stage 3 and even on a light tune she smokes a bit on the bottom end. I know the stage 3 is considerably more but it may smoke.... a lot... have you found anyone running 190s with a stage 2?

Yeah actually there are quite a few guys running stage 2 (64.7mm) with 190s. All pretty much said there is some smoke but I'll probably get some fuel pulled so it's not to bad. I got a killer deal on the injectors and couldn't pass them up. I got them so I could go bigger later.

Windrunner408 did a write up of 190/100s with a MTW stage 1 then upgraded to a stage 2. He said he loved his. I'm going for 500-550 hp but I'm sure I'll want more once I get there so I have a little room to grow.

How's the spool up on your 68? I've been looking at KC but a few guys said the spool is noticeably longer compared to the 64mm. I know I read about a 71mm stage 4 but I'll probably go non VGT before I go that big. I'm not against the stage 3 but I bought the stage 2 before the injectors and it's been in my garage. It pretty much new as I sent it back and had it rebuilt with fresh internals.

Thanks for all the info on the no limit intake. That's what I'll end up with. Probably order one next week. I love the sound with that intake. Hopefully I'm building a monster with what I have. Seems like 500 hp is a really fun street truck at least that's what most guys say. Currently I have stock sticks, stock turbo, studs, EGR delete, 5" exhaust, edge insite, and an SCT with Looney tunes. My mods (190/100s, MTW stage 2, full fuel system, and updated tunes) are going in all at once so it should be like a new truck again.

If you guys see something that doesn't look right let me know so I don't have to redo anything. This forum is a life saver on lots of things. I don't wanna make mistakes that someone else already made. Wife says I waste enough money on the truck so it wouldn't be good to spend money twice.

GatorBaitR6

Reaction score
I actually saw your discussion an anther thread after I wrote this I guess I should have edited it lol. My only complaint with the stage 3 is overdrive spool but this is my first non stock turbo so I have nothing to compare it to. Even on a tow tune I still smoke more then I'd like for the street but it's almost like a big rig or dump truck so it's not that bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

swinky

Reaction score
I ditched my S&B for a no limit. The S&B just didn't do it for me. It's decent value but but I hated screwing around with all the boots and the cheap plastic.

My no limit is sitting at home waiting to be installed.

White Stallion

Reaction score
Found this on powerstroke.org, it's 6.4 numbers but damn those numbers compared to the other CAIs are amazing. I am definitely going no limit. These numbers are unreal when you compare them throughout the RPM range.

The s&b has almost identicle flow to afe stage 2 ... And here's the results. The no limit will destroy either in performance or mpg.

Here's results.

I dynoed my truck this past saturday. I am still waiting on the dyno graphs which I will post up later but I wanted to fill everyone in with the results. For the dyno testing we felt that to get the most accurate results we would dyno mikes intake, the afe intake, and then the stock intake.

Here are the peak hp and tq of each intake:

Peak Hp

Stock-442

Afe-444

No Limit-451

Peak Tq

Stock-1027

Afe-1044

No Limit-1058

As you can see the no limit has a pretty good gain over the afe. But what was really impressive was when we started breaking the tq numbers at a given rpm.

At 1600 rpm (Tq)

Stock-386

Afe-448

No Limit-512

At 1700 rpm (Tq)

Stock-515

Afe-571

No Limit-663

At 1800 rpm (Tq)

Stock-693

Afe-748

No Limit-825