Spar<>tan WarHammer_X race tune (revised 600HP)

CATDiezel

Reaction score
I've been towing all day today and so far so perfect. The shifting with a full learn is flawless at this point. And to boot I'm towing in the 600 war tune!

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Great to hear!

I can say it shifts like one could only dream. So I slapped myself to make sure I wasn't in a dream. Turns out its reality now!!

For a comparison. It shift like a Allison does with a DT466 in front of it. Crisp and on time.

Ipkyss

Reaction score
anyone running the sotf version? Think I am going to load it up later

CATDiezel

Reaction score
anyone running the sotf version? Think I am going to load it up later

I am. Read comments above from me I towed for 300 miles and drove another 100 miles empty. Will tow loaded another 300 miles Monday.

So far so good.

My ONLY complaint if you will... very light throttle driving the shifting is entirely too early. As in 900-1000 rpm under no load and cruising slowish. 45mph. I would say it needs to hang in whatever gear a wee bit longer.

Other than that I have no issues whatsoever. She goooo...

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Even on tow haul?

Hmm. Didn't try that. I will shortly tho. But I don't normally drive in tow haul unhooked. I kicked the trailer off for the weekend. That was what I ment when I said unloaded (no trailer) it shifted great with the trailer on. It's a heavy equipment trailer.

Actually with the trailer on I never once put it in tow haul it shifted so nice! I didn't see the need and actually forgot because it was doing so well.

Let me clarify my "complaint" if an earlier shift for my liking is all I have to "complain" about then we are almost at pure gold.... like 99% not the 99.97% LOL.

This tune has zero flares. Zero hunts. Zero slams. Zero alot of things one just simply gets acclimated too... it just SHIFTS. AND. Not too hard yet not to soft.

One odd thing I had to get used too... being this is a QUICK RESPONSE.enc file technically... was abruptly letting off the throttle has a feel of a standard transmission now. That was interesting. It's nothing crazy. Just feels like a manual deceleration. Absolutely no big deal. In Stock form one does not notice when the throttle is instantly lifted. But this file let's you know...

Last edited:

Ipkyss

Reaction score
I am. Read comments above from me I towed for 300 miles and drove another 100 miles empty. Will tow loaded another 300 miles Monday.

So far so good.

My ONLY complaint if you will... very light throttle driving the shifting is entirely too early. As in 900-1000 rpm under no load and cruising slowish. 45mph. I would say it needs to hang in whatever gear a wee bit longer.

Other than that I have no issues whatsoever. She goooo...

Just loaded the tune. Ill head out in a little while. I normally shut off 6th gear unless I am driving over 55-60 anyways.

My only complain with the original sotf tuning was it shifted a little late oddly enough lol

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Just loaded the tune. Ill head out in a little while. I normally shut off 6th gear unless I am driving over 55-60 anyways.

My only complain with the original sotf tuning was it shifted a little late oddly enough lol

Give it a hundred miles of different accelerations and full shift cycles like Matt @ spar-tan suggested. I would say 10 complete full cycles and the trans has adaptively learned.

Notneb

Reaction score
Or do a quick one: 4 runs: Throttle 25% first run, 50% second, 75% third, 100% last run. Accelerate from 0-60-0 each run. That will get rid of the flares and slams until the trans is fully adapted.

higherlife

Reaction score
Even on tow haul?

I towed the wake boat yesterday on the war 600 SOTF w/ tow haul on. It did great. Loved how it really got thing moving in second gear and kept the truck in 5th around the 50-55mph range. You could let it shift into 6th with letting off the throttle lightly but I like it in 5th. Although I left one of the ballast filled accidentally on the way home but it still did great even with the extra weight.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
I have no complaints and haven't seen anything that raised an eyebrow at this point. Drives great, shifts great. All around a very, very nice file so far.

Ipkyss

Reaction score
Took a short trip tonight. Maybe 50 miles. Feels really good to me. I really like the nice quick, firm click of each gear. It was a little firm for the first few miles but felt just right after a little bit. Maybe its false hope but I have a lot more faith in the trans with the new shifting. Stayed on the 500 sotf for the majority of the time. For whatever reason (maybe shifting) it feels much stronger then the previous 500 sotf. I am really happy at this point. Ill see what the next few days brings. I crossed 10k miles ******* tuned today. Pretty much 500+ since the start and close to half that on the 600 tune. 22k total miles on the truck so far and it has been perfect

Last edited:

Sharp Shooter

Reaction score
I've got about 200 miles on the truck after switching to the new file. I have no complaints at all. Until now I have usually stayed on the 500QR, even after getting SOTF. I have used the new 600 file ever since downloading it and it's going to be hard to go back to using the 500 now but at least it's possible to switch a little easier since SOTF works so good!! Great job again guys!

Ipkyss

Reaction score
Basically what I have been doing since sotf was released. Daily drive the 600. Tow on the 450-500 depending on weight. Switches back and forth flawless.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
800 miles later.... she good....

IF I don't use tow haul towing a 6000lb load it will shift way to early in town (stoplight to stoplight) in any SOTF setting. It's a we bit hard at very light throttle to accelerate when the truck shifted at 1200rpm and dropped to 950rpm. Cruising unloaded it's all good.

Other than like. It's a lovely tune for sure!!!

Really all I cared about the the Transmission tuning. I thought the engine tuning was already golden!

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Hey Spar-tan....

What would the chance be that you guys could take that obnoxious hiss out at idle... maybe open the vanes alittle?

SoFlA6.7

Reaction score
I have about 300 miles or so. Very happy with file. Sticking with it.
You guys are doing great!

When can we expect the final files to be released?

Latest posts

Members online