Fluidamper or ATI

Plzstrokeme

Reaction score
I understand this has been asked before. I have researched it but haven't found the right post to push me toward one or the other.

It looks like my harmonic balancer is calling it quits. Its beginning to separate and its moving forward and backwards about 1/4" while running. The belt has been making alot of noise lately and its getting pretty chewed up.

I did some research on the ati and fluidamper and it seems there are good and bad reviews for each. They are both about the same price so that's no issue.

I do have a spare engine with a stock balancer on it that I could use but its got about 250k miles on it. I also thought with the added hp over stock I should probably just upgrade and be done with it.

If anyone has any helpful info I would appreciate it.

Jsexton

Reaction score
From what I've been told ATI is the best damper. But with ATI to get the best use is to balance it when the motor is being built. Just bolting it on so will say it just waste of money ....

Fluidamper can be a bolt on damper but most people do not like them cause of the added weight and wear..
To be honest stock might be the best way to go save money is issues....

Plzstrokeme

Reaction score
I think I've decided to stay stock for now. I already have one so why not. If the next one fails ill probably do the fluidamper. Thanks guys.

Latest posts

Members online