Ford remote access, need help

BigRed97

Reaction score
So I'm not sure if this is in the right place but here goes.

I purchased a ford remote access kit from a fairly large, well known(large Ebay and Amazon sales) Ford dealer. (Not a sponsor here)

The "kit" included the VSS module, RMU, and a harness.
The harness is not correct for a superduty. It is not the OBD T-harness to connect it to the truck

Now, the problem is they are dicking me around, they've already given me a wrong part number to buy.

So what I need and hopefully can get from one of you guys, with remote access installed on your truck, is detailed pics of exactly which wires and what pins the T-Harness taps into. If I can get this I can just make my own harness and tell this place to shove it

Thanks in advance

BigRed97

Reaction score
I got a good deal on the "kit" even though the harness is wrong. So at this point It has nothing to do with saving money, but that being said...making the harness will take 10 minutes and cost nothing since no parts will be needed other than wiring and heat shrink (wich I keep in stock )

So even if the harness is only $30 it's easier to make

BigRed97

Reaction score
This is the part number for the harness I need(allegedly)
DL3Z-14B504-A
And they just told me its unavailable

My instinct says it's just going to be power, ground, and can bus comm....but I dont know if it would be HS or MS. And what pins are what on the VSS module plug

Last edited:

BigRed97

Reaction score
So after a little more digging I found that the kit they sold me is the older one that plugged into the TPMS module(when it was behind the glove box) that way I have the wrong harness

Does anyone know if I can still plug it into the tpms module above the headliner and have it function correctly?

EskimoPie

Reaction score
Sorry you didn't get much help, but I recall (and I think you figured this out already) that when I put in my kit, there was an old version that plugged in behind the glovebox, and a newer one that used the OBD port. I specifically tracked down the older version because my tuner uses the OBD port and I didn't trust the Y-adaptors. I love my kit though. Being able to start my truck from my phone when I'm inside a restaurant, or at my desk at work from a webpage is great!

BigRed97

Reaction score
Yup I have the older kit.

I'm just going to adapt the harness and make it work.
If any on else needs to know it's just power, ground, and MS CAN

Latest posts

Members online