6.0 downpipe removal 911

03 tx pwr stroke

Reaction score
What is the secret/trick to removing the stock up pipe? I've been killing myself with a damn hacksaw and I still can't get the damn thing out.

Matt_P

Reaction score
03s are a pain in the ass to take out, easiest way is to get all that heat shield off the downpipe and it will fall right out then

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
What is the secret/trick to removing the stock up pipe? I've been killing myself with a damn hacksaw and I still can't get the damn thing out.

Cut it as close to the horizontal bend as possible. Should come out relevently easy

Matt_P

Reaction score
I'm finding this out. Already made 2 cuts with the hacksaw. Looks like I'm in for a 3rd. Plus, the heat shield stuff is a PITA too. SOOOO many metal ties on it.

Wire cutters, take them to all those metal ties and it comes right off. I worked forever with a sawzall and then I decided to cut the metal ties and take off the heat shield and the dp literally fell down out the truck. It was the biggest PITA stock downpipe Ive ever dealt with

03 tx pwr stroke

Reaction score
I got the dp off the turbo no problem. The flange that mates to the turbo is getting hung on
an "eye" on the back of the block. I'm thinking it's for lifting the engine. Not a whole lot of room to turn the dp. Prolly gonna cut it again(hacksaw...ugh) and remove more of the heat shield and see what happens.

Thanks of the input fellas.

03 tx pwr stroke

Reaction score
Wire cutters, take them to all those metal ties and it comes right off. I worked forever with a sawzall and then I decided to cut the metal ties and take off the heat shield and the dp literally fell down out the truck. It was the biggest PITA stock downpipe Ive ever dealt with

Did this and wouldn't ya know it, the damn thing literally fell out on the ground. And I found out that there is something seriously sharp in there that tried real hard to cut off my friggin finger. Blood spurting everywhere!!!

Anyways, gonna install the new exhaust in the A.M. Will try to get a vid of it.

03 tx pwr stroke

Reaction score
well i was doing this bymyself and couldnt get it out. saw this post, tried it, and volia it came out.!!!!!

Yeah, once I got the heat shielding off, it fell right out. One thing though, while I was trying to get it out, I kept trying to turn it towards the passenger side, but after I got the shielding off I turned towards the drivers side and it fell right out.

Latest posts

Members online