05 6.0 skips above 1k rpms, idles perfect!

00f3fiddy

Reaction score
I have a 05 EX 6.0 that is skipping on all cyl if you rev over 1k rpms. Idles perfect, starts normal. FICM voltage is 48.5 and stays while cranking. ICP is good. Only code is is setting is P2614 cmp code. I can clear it and KOER and it will not come back. It is equipped with a bd turbo timer and edge programmer. Once it shuts off and I restart it is when I get the P2614 code but it starts fine!

Any ideas?

golfer

Reaction score
how many miles are on it?

it's either a fuel issue (quality/pressure, etc)...or injector issues

if it has close to 100k on it...chances are that the spool valves are sticking...

a 58v FICM can minimize the spool stiction issue, with a stronger 'pull' on the valve...but if/when the spools are worn, they can stick intermittently.

you could try an oil change, and some RevX...

but I would confirm fuel quality & pressure before going too far.

00f3fiddy

Reaction score
85k miles and stock injectors. I am gonna do a fuel psi test in a bit! Oil is clean and full. Has been changed recently! Thanks, Ill post back up with my results!

ITUKMOR

Reaction score
FWIW, we have had several 6.0L trucks come in on rollbacks with almost exactly the same symptoms. A couple of the trucks would actually die when revved over 1200 rpms or so. The common theme was all these trucks had Edge boxes installed. I am not downing the Edge product just a head's up from what we have seen when they begin to go south...All of the trucks went back to normal operation after removing the entire Edge system. Good luck and hope it as simple a fix as removing the electronics.

00f3fiddy

Reaction score
FWIW, we have had several 6.0L trucks come in on rollbacks with almost exactly the same symptoms. A couple of the trucks would actually die when revved over 1200 rpms or so. The common theme was all these trucks had Edge boxes installed. I am not downing the Edge product just a head's up from what we have seen when they begin to go south...All of the trucks went back to normal operation after removing the entire Edge system. Good luck and hope it as simple a fix as removing the electronics.

thought about trying that before I do fuel pressure test!

00f3fiddy

Reaction score
Unplugged the edge and it runs a hell of alot better. No skipping but it will fall on its face after about 100yds of punching it from a stop. Waiting on the turbo timer to shut it off so I can check fuel pressure!

Gearhead

Reaction score
The edge may have damaged you high pressure oil pump. If it is still falling on its face, check your high pressure oil via the OBDII port.

Latest posts

Members online