6.0 Trans help

01REDSTROKER

Reaction score
went to pull into my parents drive way and the truck would not move. It acted like it was in 4th, and the tow/haul light started flashing, so i backed up and drive about 1/2 mile to my house and pulled the codes; p0766 and p2703.
Trans fluid only has about 3000 mi on it and looks good. after clearing the codes I put it in reverse and it would not go in for about 15 sec. then slammed in and lugged the truck down, put it in park and it lugged the truck enough to stall, now it is hard to turn over ( wont spin fast enough to start)

trans has been shifting fine till now.

thanks
Frank

Gary

Reaction score
Both of those codes have to do with the direct clutch. I would pull the pan, if its clean then I'd follow the flow chart to diagnose those codes.

01REDSTROKER

Reaction score
went out and started it and it goes in to gear and moves like it should. going to pull it up to the shop and pull the pan.

06-sixoh

Reaction score
Same happended to me. Now i have 6k in my trans. A weak solenoid caused my torque converter to lay down. These 5r's love to shift firm. Buy the direct solenoid from GoGo. Its $150 IIRC, and install it. Its easy, and will help you get down the road a little while longer. If you have an SCT, turn your shift psi up for 3-5 all the way to 20%. This increase flow to your converter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online