Best aftermarket fuel system available for 6.4?

Strokersace

Reaction score
Since I'm finishing up my motor build soon and installing new pump and injectors, I have been thinking about fuel systems and ways to protect the new injectors in the event of another pump failure.

Everything currently is been cleaned and/or replaced from the tank to the fuel rails also. Truck is staying with stock injectors and no dual fuellers at all.

What's the best aftermarket setup for filtration and regulation of fuel? Don't want to have a pump failure in the future and tear stuff up again.

I see where Sideaction's setup claims to filter all debris ack to tank and not to Injectors. Is that truly even possible? What about Elite's kit? Does it do h same thing when when doing their regulator up top? Midwest see to have a setup on their website and I don't see it anymore. Any others that would be recommended?

No I haven't called anyone yet. 1st trying to find out who to call! Not exactly excited about spending even more money on it, but I want it the best it possibly can be on 1st start up. It'll be zero miles with nearly everything new so I'm thinking 'why not'.

Just not sure who to call or what to look for when not going with duals, big injectors, or big turbo...

Black AOD

Reaction score
Since I'm finishing up my motor build soon and installing new pump and injectors, I have been thinking about fuel systems and ways to protect the new injectors in the event of another pump failure.

Everything currently is been cleaned and/or replaced from the tank to the fuel rails also. Truck is staying with stock injectors and no dual fuellers at all.

What's the best aftermarket setup for filtration and regulation of fuel? Don't want to have a pump failure in the future and tear stuff up again.

I see where Sideaction's setup claims to filter all debris ack to tank and not to Injectors. Is that truly even possible? What about Elite's kit? Does it do h same thing when when doing their regulator up top? Midwest see to have a setup on their website and I don't see it anymore. Any others that would be recommended?

No I haven't called anyone yet. 1st trying to find out who to call! Not exactly excited about spending even more money on it, but I want it the best it possibly can be on 1st start up. It'll be zero miles with nearly everything new so I'm thinking 'why not'.

Just not sure who to call or what to look for when not going with duals, big injectors, or big turbo...

It doesn't get much better than the setup on my truck If you ask me. You still got my # ? Text me.

sootie

Reaction score
IMHO there isnt much you can do other than ensure clean fuel and adequate pressure. Fuelab pumps are very reliable but you will have to piece your own kit together. Key is a good water separator and low micron filtration.

Jonnydime

Reaction score
I built mine from scratch for under 1k all in. Aeromotive A1000 pump and regulator, Dahl 200 filter/water separator, generic hydraulic filter head and various fittings.
Photo0045_zpsu387qice.jpg

Strokersace

Reaction score
It doesn't get much better than the setup on my truck If you ask me. You still got my # ? Text me.
Yes I do, I'll give you a buzz after bit.
I built mine from scratch for under 1k all in. Aeromotive A1000 pump and regulator, Dahl 200 filter/water separator, generic hydraulic filter head and various fittings.
Photo0045_zpsu387qice.jpg
Any pictures of how you ran the regulator and lines on engine?
Marty's a1000 on mine and I love it. Mike hooked me up
I've heard good things about Marty's kit but have never seen it.
This is not true we have these kits here. We make all the splices and connectors to make a quick and easy install .

https://www.sideactiondiesel.com/SADP-Fuelab-64-Lift-Pump-System_p_52.html

Install is easy as well
Looking at you products is what got me thinking more about it. It would be the pump/filter setup you linked as well as the bowl ******/regulator that claims to push all the pump debris back to the tank instead of through the injectors.

Shafer171

Reaction score
Not a very good picture. Came with all fitting tank to pump and customer service was great

Attachments

• IMG_0305.JPG
    IMG_0305.JPG
    926.8 KB · Views: 168
Reaction score
Looking at you products is what got me thinking more about it. It would be the pump/filter setup you linked as well as the bowl ******/regulator that claims to push all the pump debris back to the tank instead of through the injectors.

Let me know if you have any questions I can answer. You can call the shop as well .

Strokersace

Reaction score
Thanks guys.

Going to have to put a potential fuel system on hold as I'm now in the market for new heads...

Someday this thing will get a set of turbos and maybe a fuel system!!

Strokersace

Reaction score
Well it's together and running great, minus a few oil leaks that will get fixed this spring.

Seals went out of the freshly rebuilt high pressure turbo (2000 miles maybe). Oil through the exhaust and verified when pulled. So "forced" and upgrade to 72/59 turbos. Absolutely a beast bow for stock fuel.

Still looking to upgrade fuel system at some point... But getting the urge to yank engine and well it before anything major happens and drop a 6.7 Cummins in it. So we'll see! LOL

Jsexton

Reaction score
Theirs a guy on her who is doing that same thing.
The motor looks sweet..... that would be a awsome build.....

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Well it's together and running great, minus a few oil leaks that will get fixed this spring.

Seals went out of the freshly rebuilt high pressure turbo (2000 miles maybe). Oil through the exhaust and verified when pulled. So "forced" and upgrade to 72/59 turbos. Absolutely a beast bow for stock fuel.

Still looking to upgrade fuel system at some point... But getting the urge to yank engine and well it before anything major happens and drop a 6.7 Cummins in it. So we'll see! LOL

congrats !!

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
You would need a...exotic filter to keep a pump that shells from taking out the injectors.

I talked to these guys a few years ago https://www.normanfilters.com , and they can make a filter good for 30k psi with the flow requirements we need, especially since your stock fuel.

It would be about the size of a standard grease gun tube of grease. you would need to combine both outlets from your high pressure pump into that filter, then split them back out to each head. Needless to say, you would need some custom hard lines made.

Micron ratings from 5-50.

I think back then it was $800-$1100 depending on what filter media you chose, and micron rating you went with.

And they guaranteed me that if a pump shelled zero debris would make it past the filter to the injectors larger than the micron rating I chose.

I seen your original post, and no one really answered your actual question.

Latest posts

Members online