Go Back   PowerStrokeArmy > The Bunker > General Discussion Forum

Old 06-28-2018, 06:56 PM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

Default Central air system filters

I'm rounding up parts to be installed for a new central air system. I'm doing most of the install, having an hvac guy do the finishing touch up and get it going. The hvac guy told me to buy a suction line filter and also a liquid line filter. It is a 7/8" suction and a 3/8" liquid line set. Can anyone advise me on a specific filter? Maybe something through granger or another quick delivery store. Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Old 06-29-2018, 07:53 AM
Colonel
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwunter View Post
I'm rounding up parts to be installed for a new central air system. I'm doing most of the install, having an hvac guy do the finishing touch up and get it going. The hvac guy told me to buy a suction line filter and also a liquid line filter. It is a 7/8" suction and a 3/8" liquid line set. Can anyone advise me on a specific filter? Maybe something through granger or another quick delivery store. Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Grainger should have everything you need. For instance, here is a 7/8" suction line filter.

https://www.grainger.com/product/pro...er-Dryer-3A660

Also, here is a link to that media filter I was talking about. I would seriously think about implementing one. Not sure what size you will need though.

https://www.grainger.com/product/31T...180629134853:s

I would also have in put a differential pressure gauge on the air handler so you can measure static pressure. This will tell you if you need to upgrade your ductwork.

Last edited by ja_cain; 06-29-2018 at 07:56 AM.