Go Back   PowerStrokeArmy > The Bunker > General Discussion Forum

Old 07-04-2018, 03:58 AM
Private
Member's Gallery

Default Need advice on buying truck out of state

Hi all,
So I'm currently shopping around for a 2000 - 2003 7.3 liter diesel ford excursion or possibly an f250 and the dilemma I'm having is there seems to be no really nice low mileage trucks in california where I'm located at a reasonable price so I'm considering going out of state to buy one. My question is for those that have done this before or who may know something of this. I have found a nice low milage excursion in both texas and pennsylvania. I know I can hire autochex to do an evaluation on the truck but do they know enough about diesels to check for blowby and use autoenginuity ford enhanced to do a injector buzz test and cylinder contribution test? If I'm going to go out of state to buy a truck I dont want to bring home a lemon and while I know a little about automechanics I'm no diesel mechanic and this would be my first diesel. Should I hire autochex or try calling up a diesel performance shop in the area and ask them to evaluate the truck for me? Is there someone on this forum who I could hire to do these tests and check it out for me? Should I buy autoenginuity and try to do it myself? What other tests should I have run? Ideas?

Thanks for reading!
Old 07-04-2018, 04:11 PM
Major
Member's Gallery

Id rather hire a local shop to check it out than a company I know nothing about. Where is the one in Texas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

13 Passat TDI SE 6MT

2005 F250 EC LWB 4X4 XL
Lifted, Customized, and DeStroked.
Old 07-04-2018, 07:48 PM
Private
Member's Gallery

Hi wild phil,

It's in terrell, texas 75160.