H&S low boost fueling

TD-5

Reaction score
One of the options in the set up for the Mini is Low boost fueling ranging from 0= lowest to 5= highest. Question: is this parameter accessible thru MCC. I don't see it listed, but maybe its under a different heading?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
yeah its not really called low boost fueling its call smoke limitation maps, there is a transient and steady state that need to be adjusted, i make both of mine the same but im sure others can chime in on what each does

TD-5

Reaction score
Excellent, thank you. So what I'm seeing in the transient & steady state tables is the base file I exported from the Mini Max into MCC , which is what I selected during the export process, is that correct? For example, I selected the HD300 tune with a low boost fuel setting of "0". These tables represent the "0" setting & there would be 4 more sets of tables representing 1,thru 5 low boost fueling?

Here are the tables I'm showing in my tune file which should represent '0" low boost fueling, & the stock files for comparison

Attachments

• smoke limitation H&S.JPG
    smoke limitation H&S.JPG
    605.4 KB · Views: 205
  • smoke limitation factory.JPG
    smoke limitation factory.JPG
    626.6 KB · Views: 182

Dzchey21

Reaction score
yep thats correct, if you were to load a say low boost set to 5 you would notice that all of the tables are basically set to 130mm3... which is fuel fuel at no boost.

Generally the low boost fueling set by h&s works well

I alwasy remap the low boost to at least 40 psi if not 50 psi on big turbo trucks

Stroked777

Reaction score
yep thats correct, if you were to load a say low boost set to 5 you would notice that all of the tables are basically set to 130mm3... which is fuel fuel at no boost.

Generally the low boost fueling set by h&s works well

I alwasy remap the low boost to at least 40 psi if not 50 psi on big turbo trucks

How do remapping the boost maps effect it? I know on hallers thread about this he did it to 40 psi

TD-5

Reaction score
Geez, if I would have put my glasses on & opened my eyes I would have seen the thread from Mike Haller on this..... Blind as a bat!!
I am just trying to reduce or eliminate the puffs of light smoke when going from light throttle to no throttle & then back on. This my be wishfull thinking on my part as with 37" tires & 3.55 gearing I'm lugging most of the time with very little boost.
I'll try using Mike Hallers table as a base & work from there.

"I alwasy remap the low boost to at least 40 psi if not 50 psi on big turbo trucks"

hsaxe64

Reaction score
Hi there. Super old thread but it’s one of the few I can find. Is there any other way to reduce smoke output besides fuel limit tables?

Latest posts

Members online