Transmission output shaft speed sensor

Ford460power

Reaction score
Just installed a rebuilt transmission and new billet converter. Flushed lines and cooler everything went great. Got filled with fluid and ran it thru gears and reverse everything good, fluid level is good.

So now for the test drive. OK goes in reverse good, goes into 1st gear but then bam goes right into third. OK back to park then shift again and same thing in drive it just goes right to 3rd. Put the gear lever in 1st or 2nd it stays in 3rd

Tow haul flashes and I get a code. The trucks in the garage and i can't remember if it was a p0722 or p0720 code. PCM detected loss of signal during normal make operation or pcm no OSs signal. Pulled sensor cleaned terminal installed again and same thing. It's the same sensor that was in the transmission before the rebuild and it worked fine.

I'm guessing I got a wiring issue and that sensor not getting the right signal is causing it to shift screwed up because the oss is not working.

if I shift it a bunch of times it will finally get into 1st but soon as you drive it goes right to 3rd then 5th then tow haul flash and then same oss codes. Clear codes and it does exact same thing.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.