Easiest way to get ahold of pis?

bruce

Reaction score
Well I’d never received an injector with the top part loose until Tim left. I finally got ahold of someone and sent it back. Still better customer service than airfish I suppose

emev0l

Reaction score
I knew something was going on, he had been a lot quieter for a while now.

I've been a Full Force dealer for a long time and have been extreemly happy with their injectors. Not having to do warranty work on a product saves me a ton of money.

hucorey

Reaction score
Much better that Tim is gone. Probably the worst vendor I have ever dealt with, and I have around 100 shops I work with closely.

The business was sold to Gray's Diesel. So far, Bryan Gray has been a pretty nice guy to work with. Hopefully it continues to be so. David, who used to do all the rebuilding and testing is also no longer at PIS. David was always great to deal with, and I wished he had stayed on board.

I've ask to become a supporting vendor here but never get a reply. But if anyone has any questions you can PM me or email my shop. [email protected]

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

sootie

Reaction score
I'm confused....so tim was the problem with them as a vendor? And if the guy that did the work was gone, what's left of the company?

ithumpwheniwalk

Reaction score
I know nothing about him personally, but he made some pretty good claims from his injectors vs everyone else. I think that rubbed quite a few people the wrong way. Until now however, I've not heard anyone really complain about his injectors.

Too bad really, mine are about ready to come out and be redone, I was certainly considering PIS as a reliable builder.

hucorey

Reaction score
The injectors themselves always ran great for me, very very few warranty issues. I have ran them since I've been a dealer for about 4-5yrs, very good quality. As a business man, Tim was horrible to deal with. In those years he was owner, not ONE time would he ever return a call or even call me to discuss dealer support, or even how business was going. Even with the other dealers I regularly talk to said the same.

That being said, DO NOT let my comments about Tim cloud your thinking of the good quality of injectors they built. I'm still a dealer for them and have confidence in Brian to continue the quality.

hucorey

Reaction score
I'm confused....so tim was the problem with them as a vendor? And if the guy that did the work was gone, what's left of the company?
As mentioned, Tim sold it to Gray's Diesel. Brian has 100% control of all assets, accounts, email, records, etc that typically goes with any business acquisition.

sootie

Reaction score
Ya so basically no guarantee on consistent quality post acquisition....I know how these things work. Never cared for Tim's attitude on here but didn't hear much negative about his injectors either.

hucorey

Reaction score
Ya so basically no guarantee on consistent quality post acquisition....I know how these things work. Never cared for Tim's attitude on here but didn't hear much negative about his injectors either.
Only time will tell. I hope the best for Brian. Really wish he would've kept David on board, but maybe he didn't want to work for Gray's. I don't know that part of the story though.

I was offered opportunity to buy him out a couple years ago, but Tim thought his chit was worth more than Bitcoin/platinum/gold combined. Very naive to to understand the rules of thumb in that department. Oh well, one less stress on me. I've got way more work than I can handle anyway.

gnxtc2

Reaction score
The injectors themselves always ran great for me, very very few warranty issues. I have ran them since I've been a dealer for about 4-5yrs, very good quality. As a business man, Tim was horrible to deal with. In those years he was owner, not ONE time would he ever return a call or even call me to discuss dealer support, or even how business was going. Even with the other dealers I regularly talk to said the same.

That being said, DO NOT let my comments about Tim cloud your thinking of the good quality of injectors they built. I'm still a dealer for them and have confidence in Brian to continue the quality.

Totally the opposite for me. Either Tim or David returned my calls.

Billy T.
[email protected]

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Did yall not see the way Tim talked big **** on here constantly?

Is it talking **** if he could back up what he was saying?

Only time will tell. I hope the best for Brian. Really wish he would've kept David on board, but maybe he didn't want to work for Gray's. I don't know that part of the story though.

I was offered opportunity to buy him out a couple years ago, but Tim thought his chit was worth more than Bitcoin/platinum/gold combined. Very naive to to understand the rules of thumb in that department. Oh well, one less stress on me. I've got way more work than I can handle anyway.

That is who my next set of injectors where going to be from for my dually. Not sure now. But like you mentioned, hopefully they hold up like they have.

live life full throttle

superpsd

Reaction score
Tim could back up what he said for the most part. His product proved that. Like he said awhile back. One of the reasons his reman injectors worked so well vs competitors is due to them being one of the few shops that use machining to restore the oil sides vs using shims like most shops. There are a few ways to band aid a worn poppet valve that I have learned but they are not long term permanent fixes. Shiming to restore armature clearance does not fix the fact that the poppet seat is worn and eventually the poppet valve will eventually sink too far and stick. The spring load is reduced as the poppet sinks which can prevent bleed off at high ICP. Upper poppet seats will wear allowing ICP bleed off when poppet is open and armature gets closer to solenoid. I've also seen these injectors armature shimmed without solenoid shims which create low clearance between the solenoid and armature.

Last edited:

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I know 1 out of the 8 of my casserly/full force injectors have a shim in them. This last time that i had the motor rebuilt at midwest diesel and auto i had them send the injectors in to have inspected and when i called to see what or if anything was wrong i was told one needed a shim. Thats it.

live life full throttle

ghohouston

Reaction score
Is it talking **** if he could back up what he was saying?

That is who my next set of injectors where going to be from for my dually. Not sure now. But like you mentioned, hopefully they hold up like they have.

live life full throttle

To me, he talked like he thought he was the only person around that knew what he was doing.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
To me, he talked like he thought he was the only person around that knew what he was doing.
I could see some people feeling that way about him..

i for one have never ever delt with him personally. So that is an unbiased opinion in how i feel about his products. Well, felt about them..

live life full throttle

superpsd

Reaction score
He did have an arrogant attitude and could rub some people the wrong way. However he did seem to have a wealth of knowledge and did not seem to skimp on quality to make a few extra dollars. Like Tim once said if the injector body was out of spec beyond repair he would toss it in the scrap bin. Other builders would just shim away and call it good all while the owner is trying to figure out why his truck is so hazzy or idles terrible. I built my injectors from cores. Oil sides were worn but I just plugged them in. I had two fail buzz tests cold. I was able to pull the armature plates without removing the injectors and run them under a surface grinder to fix low armature clearance without using any shims. It's a band aid but still works. Then I also had one day after a hard pull billowing white smoke. I limped it home and suspected a cracked nozzle. Nope entire fuel side was perfect and still at work to this day. The reman labeled core I used had good armature clearance with a feeler Gauge however upon disassembly I found the armature to have a nice thick shim, no solenoid shim, and witness Mark from armature smacking the solenoid.

Last edited:

Bgdiesel

Reaction score

Thanks Corey, we are still continuing with the same quality and performance that PIS has been known for and as I told Corey the reason I purchased the company was to insure that I would not loose my own source to quality injectors that I could count on as well as supply dealers and customers with the best injector possible.... we have had a total of 2 warranty issues since we've owned it over the last 6 months, Bruce included. We have been honoring the warranty on the injectors that were built and sold before we purchased the business. Gray's Diesel Performance as a company is passionate about the 7.3 and just love hurting all the feeling of them Cummins and Dmax guys and even some of the new Ford guys ;)
You will be seeing us this upcoming season at the ODSS events breaking all the 7.3 records which we have already achieved the fuel only record in a truck 10.52@126mph without top gear which slowed us down comsiderably as we crossed the 1/4mile traps at 4K rpm. We will be looking to shatter all previous records and hopefully help boost everyone's confidence in what quality injectors we are producing and what strides we are making to still further the capabilities of the 7.3 HEUI engine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online