ficm fulcuation

Decker

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure my ficm is toast but thought I ask this question first before I go buy a new one.
So other day I started my truck and it start rough so I check my codes. I got a contribution code on all injectors. I clear the codes and thought maybe it was a fluke. I check ficm harness little loose so I made sure it was all clip in and then I had no problems. I start it and ficm voltage was at 48 cranking and 48 running. Few days later now I'm watching my ficm voltage and it fluctuating between 47.5-54.
Is this just a coincidence or is done?
BTW it is a OEM ficm.

Zmann

Reaction score
47.5 and 47.54 is not considered a fluctuation

unless you mean 54.00 volts then you have a problem. if it is a stock FICM it should not overvolt

Mdub707

Reaction score
I had one that read 200V once. It didn't work very well. Do you have a buddies you can swap with and try out?

Decker

Reaction score
Wow hope that was just a glich and didn't actually happen. Feel like at 200v it was melt or explode. But not at the moment, everyone including my self to busy at work to be swapping parts. I have actually baught a used 58v and about to toss in. I hope it solves the issue. But if i don't cycle the key 2-3 times before starting it throws a p0611 code so I know the ficm is done. I been watching the volts for few days now and only seem to fluctuate if it throws code or if I have been driving for a while 1-2hrs. And that's a hit or miss, hope changing to a different ficm helps.

Decker

Reaction score
So I installed my 58v ficm today. She fired right up. One thing I did notice though was my livewire ts only reads 48-48.5. I thought I read somewhere that swamp sets their ficms to only read 48 to not throw codes? Is this true? I know my livewire can read more since it was fluciating to 54 before.

Mdub707

Reaction score
I've never heard of that. I'm not sure how you would mechanically make it 58V, but have the computer only read 48V anyway. Sounds more like you installed your 48V FICM.

Decker

Reaction score
Tested the ficm at the screws today. At the screw, key on not running 57.5 and 48 on my livewire ts. Cranking and running at screw 57.5-58 on my livewire it shows 48. So after all that I determine that the livewire does not read the adjustment made to the ficm and only allows it to read 48. Still weird to me because my bad ficm would show 54 but the good one set to 58 will only read 48.5. But its good to know that whatever my monitor reads its actually 10v higher.

Latest posts

Members online