Hello all new to this!!

Johndeer

Reaction score
👋 new to being on a forum! Any way my name is Justin I live in Arkansas! I own a 2005 f250 that I love and have did a lot to!! And man I have spent too much on it but can’t turn back now! Lol :ford:

Johndeer

Reaction score
How many miles have y’all been getting out of your 6.0’s? Example 200+ on mileage

Johndeer

Reaction score
That’s good news! I am currently installing a new jasper reman in mine and I’m hoping I can get a lot of life out of it! Especially after bullet proofing cost of the first one! My mechanic told my that my old block had to be mistreated by previous owner because it had low compression when he had it hooked up! He told me to keep the oil changed in this one every 3,500 miles and it will last a long time with the correct filters!

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Sorry to break the news, but I don't think you could have went with a worse remanufactuer.....

If you still can, rethink that choice and go elsewhere for an engine.

Johndeer

Reaction score
Well I did get on there internet site and saw all the bad reviews, and it did scare me I talked with my new mechanic and he said that they are a big company and yes sometimes they make mistakes too from all the work flow! He told me he received a motor from them and it had a messed up lifter he called them told them and they sent him another motor same day and picked up the old one! He checked it and it was fine! He says he has done a lot of business with them and only had two bad motors revived and they made it right! He told me he knows one of the head guys there and the guy told him if he ever has a problem to call him directly! And assured he would take care of me! So we will see.

F150orelse

Reaction score
Well I did get on there internet site and saw all the bad reviews, and it did scare me I talked with my new mechanic and he said that they are a big company and yes sometimes they make mistakes too from all the work flow! He told me he received a motor from them and it had a messed up lifter he called them told them and they sent him another motor same day and picked up the old one! He checked it and it was fine! He says he has done a lot of business with them and only had two bad motors revived and they made it right! He told me he knows one of the head guys there and the guy told him if he ever has a problem to call him directly! And assured he would take care of me! So we will see.

What part of arkansas are you from? I’ve heard the same about jasper, hopefully you have better luck.

Johndeer

Reaction score
I’m from Marvell, Arkansas by Helena. My new mechanic is in Benton Arkansas at crg diesel owned and operated by Chris Geren a former top mechanic and Landers autos he just recently got his own shop up and going! A lot of farmers around here use him and won’t use nobody but him, a man who owns wrecker service nearby gave me his phone number and told me they take a lot of vehicles up there to him! I told the man I looked all over the internet for a close diesel mechanic and didn’t see his place own there! He told me that he didn’t have to advertise because his customers do it for him! He just recently started a Facebook page advertising his new shop. I told him I wanted the new fircm installed and he told me that that was a sales pitch, that mine was fine and he didn’t get where people where getting 53-58 out of there ficm. Then I told him I wanted 190cc injectors and he told me that the factory injectors would be just about the same with the tuner on the spray? I also asked him to put the air to oil cooler own and he told me I was just wasting money on all that stuff but if that’s what I wanted he would happily do it, I took him for his word! He called me the other day and said I had the first failed bullet proof cooler he has ever seen! And he has saw a lot he told me it would be best to just ****** it off there? I told him my old mechanic said that I needed it if it was going to be my Daily driver. He told me it wouldn’t make hardly any difference! So it’s getting ******d, he just said make sure you change oil between 3,500 and 5k miles and I would be fine and stick with all oem filters for everything!

F150orelse

Reaction score
You and me both! Lol

If that guy doesn’t work out hit up burleson’s diesel in hernado ms right off i55. Best powerstroke mechanic in this area. I’ve been to his shop once nice and clean and powerstroke everywhere lol.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I must say, that is the first i have heard of someone saying to not go bigger on injectors, and just spray the piss outta stockers... :doh:

Spatel23

Reaction score
I’m from Marvell, Arkansas by Helena. My new mechanic is in Benton Arkansas at crg diesel owned and operated by Chris Geren a former top mechanic and Landers autos he just recently got his own shop up and going! A lot of farmers around here use him and won’t use nobody but him, a man who owns wrecker service nearby gave me his phone number and told me they take a lot of vehicles up there to him! I told the man I looked all over the internet for a close diesel mechanic and didn’t see his place own there! He told me that he didn’t have to advertise because his customers do it for him! He just recently started a Facebook page advertising his new shop. I told him I wanted the new fircm installed and he told me that that was a sales pitch, that mine was fine and he didn’t get where people where getting 53-58 out of there ficm. Then I told him I wanted 190cc injectors and he told me that the factory injectors would be just about the same with the tuner on the spray? I also asked him to put the air to oil cooler own and he told me I was just wasting money on all that stuff but if that’s what I wanted he would happily do it, I took him for his word! He called me the other day and said I had the first failed bullet proof cooler he has ever seen! And he has saw a lot he told me it would be best to just ****** it off there? I told him my old mechanic said that I needed it if it was going to be my Daily driver. He told me it wouldn’t make hardly any difference! So it’s getting ******d, he just said make sure you change oil between 3,500 and 5k miles and I would be fine and stick with all oem filters for everything!

Geezzz

Johndeer

Reaction score
I’ve heard about a performance place in Mississippi, if it don’t work out I’ll check into it. Thanks for the info!

Johndeer

Reaction score
I must say, that is the first i have heard of someone saying to not go bigger on injectors, and just spray the piss outta stockers... :doh:

Well I wanted to go with bigger injectors! It makes since when thinking about it but he talked me out of it! I told him I wanted the casserly 190’s and he told me you have to watch a lot of these companies they will take ford parts slap there name brand on the parts, and when you look at the part numbers it’s the exact same as ford? Iono guys this is my first diesel, and I’m trying to learn!

Latest posts

Members online