What fluid and how much for d60?

chaselee

Reaction score
Ok fellas it's finally come time for the d60 swap and lift. I've looked around and done some reading but it seems that everyone has different opinions on this. I don't care what brand you use, just tell me what weight and how much is best for the d60. Thanks.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Does it have a tag on it still? That wil tell you fluid, and if there is an L in between the gear numbers, such as 3L73, vs 3 73, you will need a bottle or two of friction modifier. They typically take 3qts or so. Either 75-140, 75-90, or 80-90.

chaselee

Reaction score
Yes it does have the tag on it. I'll have to look and see if it has the L. What does that indicate anyway?

79jasper

Reaction score
That determines if it has a LSD.....
And no, not the drug..
Way I understood, if you run a synthetic, you don't need as much/if any friction modifier.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

mandkole

Reaction score
Not aware that many stock fronts are lsd. A decent 80-90 synth would be fine-- isn't there a filler plug that you fill to?

Bugman

Reaction score
I haven't heard of a D60 front end having a LS in it. It's possible but not likely.

For fluid it is 5.9 pints of 80w90 QL or KL specs.

I used synthetic Valvoline 80w90 in my D50 and even if yours does have LS most if not all synthetics have the friction modifier in them from the factory

T_W6.7

Reaction score
I tend to steer towards Lubrication Engineers products, Jim on here sells them I believe, and I know his synthetic and non synthetic fluids have the friction modifier in them already so no need to purchase additional stuff

Latest posts

Members online