Who's running a newer style center console?

chaselee

Reaction score
Ok guys for a while I've been looking for a decent priced center console out of an 08-10 SAD for my truck. I'm going to rip everything out and replace the carpet and re-cover the seats, so while I'm in there I want to go ahead and go in with the console. If found a few few online in my color but most are pretty pricey. I'm probably just going to bite the bullet and get one.

So my question: the guys that have done this. Did you cut the bottom of it to sit over the seat track and sit down on the carpet? Or did you mount it on top of the seat rails? I want it as tall as the current flip down one, or as close to it as possible because my elbow is on it most of the time. But I want it to look as factory as possible too. I'm thinking if I mount it on top of the rails it would have big gaps and look funky. Thoughts?

RBernardi

Reaction score
I have 07 Lariat interior and for the front I took both seats off their brackets and mounted them to the original seat "pan". For the center console I cut it's brackets and welded it the "pan". Hopefully this makes sense.

chaselee

Reaction score
Yeah it does. I just picked up a console today out of an 09 and hoping to make it work. I didn't realize it until I took the brackets off but one side of it hangs down lower than the other for some reason. We shall see how this works and whats needed to make it happen.

Koda22

Reaction score
wow why to go on getting a console....ive been keeping my eye out for one...but most the time they are trashed, or cost an arm and leg

chaselee

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it came out of a hurricane Harvey truck. It's full or dirt and has obviously been wet inside, but it's all good. I've got it all apart to clean it up good, then I'll paint it grey.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.