Transmission fluid mercon lv replacement.

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
I am in a bad spot. Apparently when I changed my trans fluid I didnt get the quick connect on the cooler seated in all the way. I made it into a Walmart but they do not have the ford mercon LV. Can I use valvoline, super tech, or Castrol? All say mercon lv rated super tech is the only one approved by ford. Oh I'm pulling my toy hauler with the family. And Walmart will probably be pissed about the giant oil slick. Guess I will get a few sacks of oil dry.... I am about 45 miles from my house no ford dealer for another 40 miles.

Reaction score
Valvoline max life is mercon LV rated but honestly any mercon lv rated fluid will be fine for a little trip back home or another 40 miles until you get to the dealership for a flush.

On another note I had a built 6r140 from midwest and they told me to run nothing but motorcraft mercon lv.

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
I've got about 280 miles to go. I have more LE to flush out this stuff once I get home. I lost about 4 to 6 quarts. Glad the last few miles have been through a small city and 35 mph. Toy hauler doesn't have any on it and the truck has very little on the rear axle area. Also glad for no fires as some sprayed on the downpipe area.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I've got about 280 miles to go. I have more LE to flush out this stuff once I get home. I lost about 4 to 6 quarts. Glad the last few miles have been through a small city and 35 mph. Toy hauler doesn't have any on it and the truck has very little on the rear axle area. Also glad for no fires as some sprayed on the downpipe area.

Even if it is off brand cheap chit it will get you by.. but dont leave it in. Get it changed asap like you said.

live life full throttle

dmd

Reaction score
Also, do not have the dealer flush it. Just drain out what you can can refill if you want
to bother. Those power flushes break everything loose, that is that last thing you
need.

Mark Kovalsky

Reaction score
Also, do not have the dealer flush it. Just drain out what you can can refill if you want
to bother. Those power flushes break everything loose, that is that last thing you
need.
That's a myth and is NOT true. But most dealers can't flush these because they require a heated flush machine and almost nobody has one.

So regardles of brand, big name or no name, as long as it had the propper rating, you would keep it in there?

live life full throttle
I would.

dmd

Reaction score
That's a myth and is NOT true. But most dealers can't flush these because they require a heated flush machine and almost nobody has one.

Maybe thats why the trans seem to have issues afterwards, they just do it wrong. Drain and refill is pretty hard to do wrong.

Mark Kovalsky

Reaction score
Maybe thats why the trans seem to have issues afterwards, they just do it wrong. Drain and refill is pretty hard to do wrong.
I think the problems occur afterward because many people never service their transmission. Then it starts to act up, so they change the fluid, or have it flushed. Now it fails. It would have also failed if they didn't change the fluid because they neglected it. New fluid can't fix mechanical damage in the transmission.
Well thank god someone knows what's up!!!!
Worst thing ever was calling it a "flush" nothing more then a fluid exchange.
Exactly!

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
Honestly truck shifted perfect and Temps were spot on as they usually are no issues what so ever with the supertech LV fluid.

Latest posts

Members online