Show & Go/Going to Try this Out combo Build

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
Holy crap did they have to grind the pad down to put it in? Or did they just let it eat the rotor also?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Jonnydime

Reaction score
Holy crap did they have to grind the pad down to put it in? Or did they just let it eat the rotor also?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

It ate the rotor the picture of the pad on the tailgate was the pad on the other side of the rotor.

Jonnydime

Reaction score
Had my dunes polished and ceramic coated and mounted a set of 35/12.5r18 nitto dura grapplers since I had such good luck with my 33/13.5’s (I put 45,000 miles on them and they are only half worn).
AA4EAB44-E94C-4409-8FD7-658864B5281F_zpsbpigwsqa.jpg

This is also happening.
3D030B00-56CD-4F4C-9AC4-13B03F2B78E8_zpsqp9brb7s.jpg

Jonnydime

Reaction score
Details on the headlights?

I had a spair set of factory housings so I'm going to retrofit a set of Baja Designs XL80 driving lights in. The hard part is going to be controlling the hi/lo feature since it is backwards on the Baja Design lights as in when you first turn the lights on they are at 100% and then you can switch them to 50%. We'll see...

Jonnydime

Reaction score
Dear cab pullers. Please be considerate in your fastener placement (I.e, positioning an allen screw with the head facing up into the firewall in a way that there is no possible way to get to it without pulling the cab). Thank you......

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Dear cab pullers. Please be considerate in your fastener placement (I.e, positioning an allen screw with the head facing up into the firewall in a way that there is no possible way to get to it without pulling the cab). Thank you......

that's awesome !

Jonnydime

Reaction score
After pulling the turbos on the Harley truck I have come to the conclusion that I never want to pull factory style turbos ever again. So Im going to go the single route for the time being. I'm thinking mpd pedestal with a 64-68mm Precision, (I may get ambitious and build my own kit). My first thought was 6466 precision then Shane mentioned using a 6870, Precision also has a 6766 that caught my eye. We also discussed running my gt4088r Garrett as a single and abusing the shlt out of it. I haven't seen or heard of many people running precisions as singles on 6.4's so what are your thoughts?

sootie

Reaction score
why not go custom compounds? you will miss the driveability terribly and iirc you tow do you not?

Jonnydime

Reaction score
why not go custom compounds? you will miss the driveability terribly and iirc you tow do you not?
It will have compounds eventually. I just want something to run in the meantime and the factory style compounds are not going back in. My garrett hp turbo does great for me right now but I think the truck will run out of air very quick with it as a single.

Leftthenleft

Reaction score
After pulling the turbos on the Harley truck I have come to the conclusion that I never want to pull factory style turbos ever again. So Im going to go the single route for the time being. I'm thinking mpd pedestal with a 64-68mm Precision, (I may get ambitious and build my own kit). My first thought was 6466 precision then Shane mentioned using a 6870, Precision also has a 6766 that caught my eye. We also discussed running my gt4088r Garrett as a single and abusing the shlt out of it. I haven't seen or heard of many people running precisions as singles on 6.4's so what are your thoughts?

Midwest just swapped my sxe369 for a precision 6870. I only had a few hundred miles on it but it was a lot better for me. Oil pump broke so until everything is gone through, this is all I have. Spool up was a lot better and being a 6 speed truck, I could keep boost better between shifts. Smoke output was night and day but it was also different tunes.
My truck has 60%s in it as well, and is on 38s.

Jonnydime

Reaction score
Midwest just swapped my sxe369 for a precision 6870. I only had a few hundred miles on it but it was a lot better for me. Oil pump broke so until everything is gone through, this is all I have. Spool up was a lot better and being a 6 speed truck, I could keep boost better between shifts. Smoke output was night and day but it was also different tunes.
My truck has 60%s in it as well, and is on 38s.

Thank you this is the kind of info I'm after. What gears?

Jonnydime

Reaction score
The parts for my single kit arrived today. Now only if I could get you guys to buy my stuff for sale in the classifieds I could buy my turbo and finish this.
5A11AAEF-387B-4D97-8970-4C0A6ACD6DFF_zps34asiset.jpg

Latest posts

Members online