6.0 how much hp is the max for reliable DD?

PandoraBlue

Reaction score
Looking at a 6.0 for sale in my area. But i was curious what is most hp you can say is reliable for a daily driver?
The add for the truck says its 700hp. Will copy/paste add, shed some light, tell me if this really is 700hp, and is this setup is reliable. Thank you.

250/150cc warrens sxe366 non vgt studded ported manifolds tuned ficm regulated return act tuned by Jesse Warren thumper 2 hpop updated sct fitting updated oil cooler and intake updated water pump and tranny cooler stage three torque convert.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
250/150 are pretty large for the street, they will probably be pretty smokey. If you can learn to drive around low end smoke, it would be doable i would think. Maybe get a tune written that locks out overdrive with tow/haul, so you dont black out behind you when you get under the turbo some.

Petro

Reaction score
Or just go with a smaller nozzle. A 100% nozzle will be alot more street friendly and will still empty a 250cc Injector.

PandoraBlue

Reaction score
Thank both of you, just curious, im still on the fence weither to get it or not. Regardless i appreciate it.

PandoraBlue

Reaction score
By chance if i did get it, what would be the smallest injector you'd recommend for that turbo? I know i don't have tge exaughst housing specs or anything, just curious.

shmoozer

Reaction score
A 175/30 or 190/75 would be about as small as I would go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scparrish

Reaction score
Unless you are able to make a good trade for injectors I would just plan to put 75% nozzles in and call it a day.

Extended Power

Reaction score
Daily driver to me is something you can jump in, start, and drive it away...
Winter or summer.
So for me, anything over 500hp is not a daily driver for the winter...they get too finicky, and really...what's the sense of stressing all the driveline parts when you don't have to.

Running a low compression, high performance Diesel engine in the winter is just silly.
Anything below 10*C/50*F and my truck becomes a cold hearted b!tch to start...plugged in or not...she don't wanna run.

Jomax

Reaction score
Winter or summer.
So for me, anything over 500hp is not a daily driver for the winter...they get too finicky, and really...what's the sense of stressing all the driveline parts when you don't have to.

Running a low compression, high performance Diesel engine in the winter is just silly.
Anything below 10*C/50*F and my truck becomes a cold hearted b!tch to start...plugged in or not...she don't wanna run.

#HEUIPROBLEMS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Extended Power

Reaction score
True.....but why stress all the engine and driveline components when you don't need to?

I have way cheaper vehicles to operate in the winter, or to take to the mall.....vehicles that I don't care about getting a door ding from an inconsiderate person, or shopping cart.

I myself got way too much into my truck to expose it to the winter salt, and drivers that have no clue what ice is.

junglejoe

Reaction score
Winter or summer.

I agree 100 percent with this statement.. People are dallying bigger.. But have more problems

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.