Auxiliary fuel tank

Rustedcutlery

Reaction score
So I’m having a auxiliary fuel tank built that’s going in the front of the bed, and I’m going to use that instead of the factory tank. My question is, what do I need for bungs? Do I need just a suction and a return? Also I’d like to put a sending unit in so I can use my factory fuel gauge, anyone got any ideas on that?

2004 6.0

ncollins64

Reaction score
What is the reason behind using this and not your stock tank? Seems to me using your stock tank in conjunction with an aux tank would make better sense and less complicated.

Rustedcutlery

Reaction score
I’m having a 250g service tank built, while the shop is building the tank, I figured if I ever wanted to plumb it to run the engine off of it in the future, I might aswell have the bungs welded in now

BS Hauler

Reaction score
It would make more sense to just have it plumbed with the thought of plumbing it into the factory tank when the time comes. That way down the road if you ever change trucks or have to take the tank off you can still operate the truck.

Rustedcutlery

Reaction score
It’s a service truck with a 9.5’ knapheide, I plan on leaving all of the factory stuff in place and run a fass if I do the auxiliary tank.

Anyways, enough on why I want to do it, and back to what I need.

EPA

Reaction score
Feed, return, vent or vent filler cap make sure it's adequate.
Leave an access up top install a fuel level sending unit will need to fab something up but if you're making a tank that fab work would be the least of my concern or your welders.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online