Tuners

Strokersace

Reaction score
Who are the go-to tuners these days for the ol 7.3? I see a few strange names thrown around but don’t recognize hardly any of them. Are they all Facebook warriors or what? If not, who are they?

Looking to update tuning on the 2000. Has pre-methhead Jonathan tuning and I think there’s definitely room for improvement by today’s standards.

superpsd

Reaction score
Most are legit tuners. Quite a few new names but many have been in the game for a while. The older tuners are still around as well like PHP, DP, Geerhead etc. Some of the newer tuning options I see thrown around are Jeli built, (Brian Jelich a familiar name) SDK performance (Dan K), 1023 diesel, Andrew Arthur.

ncollins64

Reaction score
I’ve ran PHP and tyrant and brian jelichs. Brian’s tunes imo are the best I’ve ran. Power is smooth, not a smoke show and gets down compared to the others. Tyrant would be a close second.

mcnance865

Reaction score
I have run PHP, ********, 1023, Jelibuilt tunes. I liked 1023 tunes more than ******** for sure as they were much cleaner. Then I tried Jelibuilt tunes and they are even better with more power and better shifting.

I plan to try some SDK tunes at some point soon.

mcnance865

Reaction score
As far as these new guys being Facebook warriors, yes I guess you could say they are, but they are very helpful and have to each be getting customers by the hundreds per week based on the daily amount of people asking for info. 1023 just bought a new much bigger shop after only being in business for 2 years. Doing something right.

Strokersace

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. So “who” is 1023? Were they ever on the forums?

Brian’s name I remember, so that gives me some comfort with his tunes. Knew Andrew years ago and didn’t know he had gotten this much into tuning.

I’ve personally ran TY Rant, G H, and bills tuning before he was php.

Trying to determine who I want to get tunes from. Also not sure if I’m going to sell the ts chip and go with a hydra, or just keep the ts and get customs tunes for it.

superpsd

Reaction score
1023 was started bt Dusty Hogate. He has been on other forums. They are in Alaska. I've seen mixed comments and reviews.

jbolen323

Reaction score
Most are legit tuners. Quite a few new names but many have been in the game for a while. The older tuners are still around as well like PHP, DP, Geerhead etc. Some of the newer tuning options I see thrown around are Jeli built, (Brian Jelich a familiar name) SDK performance (Dan K), 1023 diesel, Andrew Arthur.

i run all those and have mostly lived tuned and deal with them regularly, fantastic options.

jbolen323

Reaction score
i would honestly just get everyones tunes... its not a lot of money to get a race and daily from each person. I change it up weekly each person shines but unless you actually have the tuner work with you its just pretty generic.

everyone is different how they tune and drive. Its like beers, some people like coors, some like budlight...but have similar results.

TMCCOY

Reaction score
I've run PHP, geerhead, 1023. 1023 are the best for me. PHP uses too much PW so the tunes are much smokier than 1023 and I thought geerhead was pretty much a complete mess so I never use those.

I'd love some live tuning but am starting to believe the stage 2 A code injectors from PIS may be the issue I have with them being so damn smokey.

cjfarm111

Reaction score
Agree Tmccoy. PHP make good power but are Smokey as hell. I too am running PIS injectors so maybe it’s them? But 1023 tunes are much cleaner.

PSD POWER007

Reaction score
When I was running POS 175/80’s, my back corner of my truck stayed sooted up, when I swapped to FF 180/80’s it has stayed clean back there. Just a slight haze on the bumper when I tow a lot. And I tow on the GH All Out tune.

Strokersace

Reaction score
i would honestly just get everyones tunes... its not a lot of money to get a race and daily from each person. I change it up weekly each person shines but unless you actually have the tuner work with you its just pretty generic.

everyone is different how they tune and drive. Its like beers, some people like coors, some like budlight...but have similar results.

So again, what do you like about each? If you don’t feel like saying it publicly please PM me.

I’m definitely not stock, so they would be custom tailored to my application. I won’t be racing or getting on the dyno. So I don’t see tunes from everyone being overly realistic for me.

cjfarm111

Reaction score
I liked the power of the DP and PHP but not the smoke. So I tried 1023 and they are cleaner and may idle a bit quieter but the power is down compared to the other two and the transmission strategy isn’t as good either. Now this is my opinion. Now I haven’t had time to send data logs for revisions so without that all tunes are just a shot in the dark really.

Zeb

Reaction score
I have used GH almost exclusively on all the 7.3’s I’ve tuned and done injectors in. A few PHP’s thrown in there, with no complaints, on early 99 or E series stuff that GH couldn’t tune.
A friend of mine that I built a set of 250/100’s for has GH and Jelibuilt tunes and his best dragstrip times/mph’s are always on GH tunes.

KBMKVIII

Reaction score
From my experience with many different tuners the key is Data logging with revisions. No two trucks running the same set up are the identical. Regardless of the tuner that you are working with you have to work with them, and them with you, to make it better. This is my reasoning for using GH. I have not used another tuner that will work with a customer remotely with such dedication to make it right. Just my personal opinion. I told him give me all the fuel and keep the rods in the block. He obliged, made it idle like stock and scream like a *** when requested. Trans tuning was the best I have had for a fully built BTS with all options. Just work with whatever tuner you are using to make the most of your tunes.

Latest posts

Members online