Grease,oil

Sahrens0202

Reaction score
I was wondering what you recommend for wheel bearing grease? I bought the dynatrac free spin kit and am going to be putting them on my truck. Also, I am currently running Mobile 1 5w-40 TDT in it but it is getting hard to find so what would you recommend? I do get in some -30 degree weather in the winter and I've always heard it's not good to go from synthetic back to regular oil. Is that a myth or??? I'm not against running 15-40 especially since we are coming into summer. Truck is a 08 6.4l with 90k miles. Thanks!!

jimdawg185

Reaction score
I was wondering what you recommend for wheel bearing grease? I bought the dynatrac free spin kit and am going to be putting them on my truck. Also, I am currently running Mobile 1 5w-40 TDT in it but it is getting hard to find so what would you recommend? I do get in some -30 degree weather in the winter and I've always heard it's not good to go from synthetic back to regular oil. Is that a myth or??? I'm not against running 15-40 especially since we are coming into summer. Truck is a 08 6.4l with 90k miles. Thanks!!

Our 4622 is an amazing wheel bearing grease. I love it! (3752 for chassis)
For the oil, our 8854 (5w40) would be a similar base oil to the Mobil 1 but with a better additive pack. Switching base oils shouldn't be too big of a deal. I don't like switching oils though, its just a personal preference.
I have been looking at that Dynatrac kit too, let me know how you like it.

Latest posts

Members online