04 6.0 Deltas GURU's

Jtreece

Reaction score
Well fellas, looks like i'm in for another oil cooler only after 2 months 2500 miles later.. deltas were touching 14ish yesterday on cruise at 60mph with AC on flat ground unloaded....FML!!!!!

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
And unless your coolant was nasty gritty, I doubt cooler is plugged

Jtreece

Reaction score
about 20 mins. coolant was changed during last oil cooler swap so 2500 miles ago.
why do you think its not clogged?

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Did you flush the hell out of it when the cooler was done?

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Jtreece

Reaction score
Yes. but before the cooler was changed, twice actually then ran it awhile then swapped it.

Jtreece

Reaction score
I also had a 20 degree delta yesterday on the way home at 65mph and 80 degrees.
193ect and 213eot with no AC on.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Well, back flush the cooler. On truck. Drain coolant, disconnect lower rad hose, then remove rear cover on oil cooler and flush water through the cooler.

Jtreece

Reaction score
that's actually the next plan. I just read on another post a guy did the same thing and uses the gel lime away capped it and let it foam up till it came out of the lower rad hose, let it set 2-3 mins and did that 4-5 times, flushed it for awhile, filled the system up with distilled water ran to temp then drained it all and filled back up with coolant/water and he was at 3 degree delta. before that he had a 25 degree delta.

Jtreece

Reaction score
checked the lower hose compared to the upper hose and they felt like they were the same temp. I don't have a temp gun I just used my hand. So by that theory either the rad is clogged, or it is just whipping through there and not cooling it, or the water pump is going out. thoughts?

Jtreece

Reaction score
well then it can't be that then, could it be the radiator just isn't cooling the coolant? or the water pump is junk? (water pump is less than 2 months old)

Jtreece

Reaction score
that's the problem, I did take it to a reputable shop who work on 95% of the 6.0's around here. Trying not to kill the bank account and we can all relate to that who own a 6.0.

they replaced the ficm, oil/coolant temp sensors, oil/coolant bypass filters, turbo solenoid and pigtail, injectors, injector harness, glow plug harness, thermostat, fan clutch, oil cooler, filters, oil, starter, tranny solenoids, tranny pan/gasket, blue spring upgrade, updated diablo T1000 and SCT X3, all new gaskets etc.

I'm looking for someone who has experienced this and looking for advice, I will take your advice with a grain of saltiness. Maybe its an easy fix maybe its not.

Jtreece

Reaction score
well... found out I have a 90mm impeller on my water pump and not the 100mm upgraded version.

Jtreece

Reaction score
its an 04 and its been d****** and it has the newer style front main cover that excepts the 100mm water pump. The cutoff date for the 90mm water pump was manufacture date 9-22-03 and after that date they updated the front main cover and went to the 100mm water pump from the information I've found.

Latest posts

Members online