Summer Temps

Jeremyleggett07

Reaction score
Just curious if this is bad or not. Was cruising down the freeway the other afternoon about 70MPH about 800*F EGT, EOT 225* and ECT 206*. I always thought it was bad to have EOT and ECT temps to have more than a 14* difference? Am i wrong or is this to be expected with rising exterior temps for summer? It was also clear and about 100*F outside. I have seen even up to a 20* difference at times without and heavy acceleration too.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
oh then its done right, I guess im a little at a loss, unless the new cooler is bunk, i dont know if ford coolers are remans or new that might make a difference. But maybe the temp difference is kinda normal? Doesnt sound like it to me though

Irontx

Reaction score
That's not right man. Shouldn't be that high. Don't think I have ever had my EOT that high. Just cruising at that. Mid day at 70 I'm at about 210-212. Would talk to DI about it though.

Jeremyleggett07

Reaction score
That's not right man. Shouldn't be that high. Don't think I have ever had my EOT that high. Just cruising at that. Mid day at 70 I'm at about 210-212. Would talk to DI about it though.

yea i was hoping you'd chime in bro! What is to be considered nominal temps? I know they vary to vehicles too. I did get on it one time to pass someone and all i heard was a "whooshing" noise, not like normal when i get on it, but i did hit 30 PSI too.

Irontx

Reaction score
At 225 deg your fan should have been in high gear. Was it high before you made the pass? That will drive EOT up. Should be no more than 15deg cruising at operating temp. Min load. Did it come back down and get normal or did it stay like that for a while?

hawgdoctor

Reaction score
That's pretty high. Supposed to be no more than a 15* difference with no load, and cruising. Do you know if they flushed it before they replaced the old one? if not it could have loaded it full of trash again. Have you pulled your coolant filter recently to see if it's full of garbage?

Jeremyleggett07

Reaction score
I heard my fan a little bit but not for long. Like I said I heard like a "whoosh" noise when I made the pass. Kind like it was puking, but it wasnt. Atleast I couldn't find any evidence of it.

I changed my filter not long after I got it back. Have not checked it since. It's at my mech right now for a few minor things, will double check when I get it back.

jdc753

Reaction score
Definitely seems high to me. Before my truck went in for surgery I NEVER saw anything but 190° for EOT and ECT, might creep to 200° when under load. I started noticing temps of 225° EOT and 195° ECT when I figured things were going wrong, this was running 80-85mph through some hills in CT, had to back it down to 65mph to keep the temps within 10-15° of each other, while oil remained up over 200° EGT's and outside temps were similar to what you are seeing.

I know I would be weirded out if I started seeing that stuff after only 1k miles. I have been seeing funky temps ever since my truck got worked on too though, only difference is that mine runs Cold since the work.

Irontx

Reaction score
I heard my fan a little bit but not for long. Like I said I heard like a "whoosh" noise when I made the pass. Kind like it was puking, but it wasnt. Atleast I couldn't find any evidence of it.

I changed my filter not long after I got it back. Have not checked it since. It's at my mech right now for a few minor things, will double check when I get it back.

Makes a whoosh kinda noise when you get on it with the fan rockin on. Am driving a company truck right now and the fan is constantly on. Am going to scan it just to see.

yeehaw

Reaction score
last time mine hit 223 degrees it puked, oil cooler was plugged

last week it was 100 or so out and i had 12k on the trailer. On the freeway doin 60-65 mph my temps were 216 ECT and 221 EOT (hottest i saw) or else it never heats up past 196 when its 90+ out

Jeremyleggett07

Reaction score
That's what I was nervous about. I hate having my truck in the shop, Kay time was under for about 5weeks! But I think I need to call David at DI and talk to him.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.