No start, out of the blue...

Mdub707

Reaction score
yes ive had seized turbos cause no starts.

I owe you a beer. Truck wouldn't even start with ether this time. Figured if it had icp, fuel and compression...was lacking air. Pulled intake off, touched the turbo impeller, it was ever so slightly hung up. Broke it free with my finger, truck fired right up after. Guess i need to pull the turbo and try cleaning it. Has 107k miles on it tuned for probably 80k, never been touched.

Mikeh1725

Reaction score
Yep hopefully after income tax return I can upgrade and remove the slug from my 6.0.

Thinking the hybrid turbo will be pretty sweet.

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
I owe you a beer. Truck wouldn't even start with ether this time. Figured if it had icp, fuel and compression...was lacking air. Pulled intake off, touched the turbo impeller, it was ever so slightly hung up. Broke it free with my finger, truck fired right up after. Guess i need to pull the turbo and try cleaning it. Has 107k miles on it tuned for probably 80k, never been touched.

Wow, thats crazy. Something so simple..

Mdub707

Reaction score
Well I'm back in civilization finally, truck ran fine the whole way home. I would have never guessed that even with the turbo not spinning that it would choke it out enough to not fire and get NO smoke, NO stumbling, nothing. Crazy. The turbo seemed fine after I "popped" it loose. I can't believe how little force it took to spin it free, but it wouldn't let the truck start. It spun freely after that with no visible points of hang up. I shut the truck off and watched it spool down and it slowly turned to a stop, no sudden stop or anything. Not sure what actually caused it to "hang up" but I will pull it an inspect it and give it a good cleaning, since it's never been done.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Sell you a powermax or a 03 turbo? Pm me

Sure!

you cant clean that part of the turbo. time for a new one

That's kind of what I was thinking. What is actually hanging up? Something on the shaft? The bearing? It's weird that it doesn't it so randomly and then not again... What kills me is there is no excessive play, not contacting the housing... nothing else out of the ordinary.

Latest posts

Members online