its a love, hate relationship.

imelmo

Reaction score
I love my 6.0. far and away more refined truck than my 7.3 ever thought about being in all areas...

This right here. ^^^ I love mine, and now that I've taken a full tour of 'em LOL I like them even more since I would no longer be overly nervous about working on one. Plus you can pick 'em up pretty cheap from people that have issues with 'em and don't know how to deal with 'em.

On the puking issues, I always had mine in XTreme Race and sprayed the crap out of it with the stock headbolts. It'd puke a little and I'd just add a little more water after the track and I was good to go. Couldn't even tell you how long I did that for. Never had an issue with it. And it was making enough power to run 12.5's with just a tuner, intake, exhaust, and nitrous.

AllanB

Reaction score
This right here. ^^^ I love mine, and now that I've taken a full tour of 'em LOL I like them even more since I would no longer be overly nervous about working on one. Plus you can pick 'em up pretty cheap from people that have issues with 'em and don't know how to deal with 'em.

On the puking issues, I always had mine in XTreme Race and sprayed the crap out of it with the stock headbolts. It'd puke a little and I'd just add a little more water after the track and I was good to go. Couldn't even tell you how long I did that for. Never had an issue with it. And it was making enough power to run 12.5's with just a tuner, intake, exhaust, and nitrous.

LMAO, Now do those 2 sentences go together :doh:

89xj

Reaction score
I have a soft spot for a 6.0. Never had one. Just like them. Can buy them cheap. If you understand how to "bulletproof" them your laughing. I've had a 7-3 sd an now have a 6-4. Kinda pissed I skipped the 6.0 stage just cause they are the best sounding diesel I've heard personally

03 tx pwr stroke

Reaction score
Even after dropping almost 12 grand into mine in less than 6 months, I still love it. It ran great for nearly 185k before problems arose, and the last 50k or so was tuned and beat on pretty hard. Never blew a hg, but killed a trans and hpop. The rest was preventative.

78f100

Reaction score
I like them, I had a old guy the other day ask what year my truck was at the fuel pump. I said 04, he goes on and on about his 7.3 and how bad 6.0's are. I told him they are both good motors, then I roasted the tires as I pulled onto the road so he could hear my pos 6.0...LOL.

Latest posts

Members online