New member (Maxx issue)

ashermd

Reaction score
Hope everyone is well, I am based out of Tennessee. I recently got my hands on a beautiful F-250 PowerStroke Diesel V8. It came with a Mini Maxx tuner. Unknowingly, I thought an update would be a good thing however, like most threads I was locked out. I can re-install it to stock tune and it will crank every time, however, EVERY TIME I start my truck it will not turn unless I RE-INSTALL IT EVERY TIME. I have tried everything, from a new SD and so on. Maybe I am misunderstanding the directions, if someone could break it down simpler, I would appreciate it a lot. I am excited to be here, it can only get better lol.

sootie

Reaction score
nothing to break down, you shouldnt have updated it, now your tuner is junk. It was likely a hacked unit in the first place which is why it was bricked by the update.

try posting on dieseltunerpros.com

ashermd

Reaction score
Ended up not being bricked by the update, re-downloaded the firmware after downloading an updated tune update onto a new SD card. Then went back to stock OEM, H&S and switched off the emission option. Starts up every time, and now better than before. Thanks a lot for the positive feedback looking forward to getting back on here.

Latest posts

Members online